Canal Plus

Hi I am near Avignon and have just installed Sky Q with sky sports and netflix 33.50 pounds per month.you will need an english address to first have it installed but to re-install in France was very easy for me.If you need any help do not hesitate to ask me.
Trevor

2 Likes

Do you run the Sky Q via a vpn?

1 Like

I could get sky via dish but would need to cut a 10ft hole in the chateau roof next door first :wink::yum:

Hi Trevor,
Iā€™m sure SkyQ is a strong option but does it have French Ligue 1 football?
What about F1, MotoGP and Champions League?
Any clarifications appreciated and thanks for the advice.

I get Golf/F1/Moto GP through Sky, Ligue 1 and Champions League through Virgin though you can get them through Sky with the relevant package.

Canal Plus channel list here - in French, of course ā€¦

Hi Tonyā€¦I had seen that but unless Iā€™m missing something it doesnā€™t actually tell you what dpirts if covers.
I was hoping that somebody who has Canal Plus and/or Canal plus et pack de sport Plus can tell me specifically.
Thanks.

No just a 90 cm dish not connected to internet

I do get F1 but would need to subscribe to Bt sport for champions league

Hi Peter why do you pay 1000 I only pay less than 400 including Netflix
Trevor

Hi Trevor, my Sky deal includes the basic package plus Sky Sports and that costs 82 ā‚¬ per month.

For the same package we are paying Ā£46/month

Blimey, how come ?

Do you get it through satellite in France ?
I have the Entertainment plus the full Sports pack costing Ā£71 pm

I have Canal + and Canal + Sport. The 2 together cost ā‚¬21.99 a month which is a fraction of what I used to pay in the UK for Sky, and includes movies, which I never had there. I find it much better value.

To watch F1 races, you only need Canal +. With Sports you get all the practice and quali sessions as well. Same for Moto GP. As for Ligue 1, the basic pack gives you some games, which is OK as long as you only want to see PSG, who seem to have every game shown. It also shows 2 Top 14 games a week and 2 Premier league matches. The Sport pack gives you a lot more, you can end up with the vast majority available if you want.

I have Netflix included in my Freebox pack alongside the broadband and Freebox TV, ā‚¬39.99/month, which will cost the same when we get fibre hopefully later this year.

I used to pay Ā£90 plus for sky excluding Netflix. Not only that but when we had the first lock down last year, Canal + threw in a load of extra stuff for free, while family in UK said Sky took forever to even agree to stop charging for sports they couldnā€™t show.

And there are less adverts!

1 Like

Thanks Richardā€¦thatā€™s the sort of info I was hoping for. You secured that package at a really good rate as they are looking for 30.99 a month today for Canal Plus et le pack Sport Plus.

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome!

The offers do vary regularly and I was lucky getting Sport for 1 euro at that time! However I still think at todayā€™s price itā€™s decent value.

Just bear in mind it can be confusing becaues there is Canal + Sport, and also Sport Plus, which is an add on you usually get free for a month when you sign up. I cancelled that after the free month, because although I love my sports I donā€™t need to be able to watch EVERY Top 14 or Ligue 1 game EVERY week! Got better things to do! Thereā€™s more than enough on the straight Sport channel.

2 Likes

Hi Peter as I have said before I have the new sky Q box basic package plus sky sports and netflix.I can record 6 programs at the same time and record 1000 hours.I pay 33.50 pounds per month.You need to cancel and then haggle you can normally get at least 50 per cent off if you haggle.
Good luck Trevor

Ps I do have a satellite dish 90cm I live near Avignon
Trevor

Hi Trevor, Iā€™ll look into it, thanks.

I have a 90 cm dish in Albi though got away with a 60 cm in Limoges.

I was contemplating buying some sort of subscription for OH as he misses watching cricket. But what I donā€™ quite understand is how you get from paying out money for a subscription to being able to watch it on your TV. We have a satellite dishā€¦