Canal Plus

You’ll need the advice of a more technically savvy person than me Jane.
I get my French TV via my Orange Livebox so it’s simply a question of the more I pay the more they shove down the line.

2 Likes

That’s exactly how it works for my partner’s house in the local town as the Orange bandwith is quite adequate for watching tv. Out here in the countryside though, satellite would be essential for tv. We manage without :smiley:

We are way out in the countryside ourselves Angela and Livebox works just fine.

It’s probably OK if you get > 3Mbps consistently, >10Mbps will be optimal.

I think you don’t live in our bit of rural Normandy Damian :rofl: 2.8 Mbps on a (very) good day…

Certainly we were able to watch Netflix, Amazon Prime etc with no problems at all with an internet speed of less than 2mb.

That’s interesting, Sue. Some time I’ll have another go but I’m ok for the moment with only having a tv occasionally. Encourages me to get outside at this time of year :smiley:

I just tested my connection out of interest…download 6.9 mbs and upload 852 kbs.
I’m not sure if that’s good or bad?

Well it’s considerably better than mine :smiley:

If you are rural and on ADSL it’s OK. Not stellar but OK, certainly good enough to get watchable quality for streaming video, as long as that’s just to one device.

Good job I don’t enjoy watching films…

Hi Jane I fitted my own satellite dish and connected to my Sky q box if you need any help I am willing to give you all the info you need .Are you anywhere near Avignon?
Trevor

@taffy6 Thanks…the satellites dishes are in place, connected to a humax box. The question is how one informs the humax box you have bought a subscription to specific paying channels…?