Carte de Sejour - documents required for application

I had an uncomfortable moment sitting in the back of a gendarmerie van in Corsica many years ago explaining what my at the time bilingual Welsh-English driving licence meant…and I wasn’t even driving!

1 Like

But I guess he found your explanation so fascinating he forgot to search the car for the loot from the bank job! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Graham,

But that doesn’t prove anything post Brexit.

Post-Brexit we are third-country nationals on a par with USA, Malawi, China citizens?

Surprised you don’t know this.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

I do know this. I read the links I provided and it explains it very well in there. Such a shame you didn’t :wink:
I have absolute trust in the French Govt - there must be some other substantial reason why the French authorities are reluctant to be accepted in your mindset…
I don’t wish to spend another nano second of my life in your anti-French stance so please stop posting anything directed at me - thank you.
For the record, I have now muted all of your posts so you can, for me at any rate, quite happily go play all by yourself in a small minded dream world populated by flying pigs.

4 Likes

What was the name (I"m much better with faces😀) of the lady that had constant worries regarding the CdS? Did she leave this forum?

actually… for those of us here in France before the end of the Transisition period…
Post-Brexit we will be in a much better position than any of the above…

The French Govt have outlined it all very clearly.

3 Likes

That would be Jeanette Leuers . Yes she left and is showing as Anon on my profile summary.

1 Like

Shame, I enjoyed her posts. She was a worrier, but had a great take on lots of things.

2 Likes

Another reference for Mr Pigney to browse over… if so many Brits can manage to live and work in France with no problems, how come he can’t :roll_eyes:

Hi all,
have been busy for the last few weeks & I’m catching up on the forum posts, news & spats. Reading through a few of all mentioned, I may have worked out why some members use & have silly & un-eco friendly things like Ps Help save paper- pls don’t print etc… I don’t think it is to piss us off but…The conclusion (though this is WIP) I came up with is, they can’t spell without the help of a spelling/grammar corrector using their inbuilt e-mail to do so! & in the process just copy & paste, if the e-mails are then saved this causes more pollution in the process. As an aside just think of all the servers needed to stock & save all useless e-mail, & the buildings to stock them & energy needed!!!

As for Brits having trouble living & working in France at the mo,??? As most of the cast of auf wiedersehen pet would have said, “thats bollocks man”).

8 Likes

Welcome back Warren :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

I agree, and I think it is even more simple than that, if you have in your settings that you are receiving email notifications about new replies to threads etc you have the option of replying directly from your email.

So I’m guessing in Mr G.Ps case the times he has the words that wind up certain people on the bottom is when he has replied from his email and the times that he doesn’t is when he has replied from within the forum!

1 Like

Without a doubt… you have to wonder at his motive for this

That’s the thing though, he isn’t putting it onto the forum as such, it is just automatically being taken from his personal email signature when he direct replies from email. So doubtful he is doing this to wind you up!

My huge concern (which upsets me more than the other!) is when I’ve seen other people doing this and their mobiles and personal numbers have been posted (taken from email signatures). Particularly with needing to have your full name displayed on this site this is terribly insecure to have such personal details show to the world!

absolutely. But such a signature is not cast in stone, it is amendable or can be removed altogether.
I sent a reply to a post this afternoon from my mobile (clue: the envelope icon arrowed) and there is not a hint of any such signature - nor need there be in this enlightened day and age.

1 Like

How on earth do you prove 3 months residence when you have a home dating back 18years and have all the bills and insurance. We are coming September and will just meet 3 months but confused how to prove 3 months where everything will be the same. We both will have s1 cover to apply sor a carte . I must be a bit dim but our house bills will prove nothing ?

I suspect that

show your UK address and are geared towards France being a second home.

when the situation changes… everyone will need to be informed and alter their records accordingly… and perhaps make changes to Policies (insurance)… who knows.

If you work through the procedure of really being here fulltime … from car registration to CV et al … you will get there in the end.

The date from which you have informed the authorities that you house is maison principale not maison secondaire, including the house insurance company, you ticket for boat/ferry/plane/train journey in September, you car re-registration, an an attestation sur l’honneur.

1 Like

Thanks for that
All our bills go to our French bank account on direct debit online ,and so we will have to prove some other way. I guess the shopping on our bank statement etc rather than just online bills and car reg is one way. Thanks it’s given me some ideas of how to proceed