Carte de sejour Nigella's dad and I are applying!

Of course you’re not alone, there are thousands of other ‘dreamers’.:grinning:

2 Likes

That’s the trouble, too much short-termism.

1 Like

Time for a u turn Paul :slightly_smiling_face:

I must be the only person currently living on planet earth, it’s peaceful but the conversation is a bit one-sided!

I just can’t believe that apparently sane and intelligent people are pushing for Brexit to happen even though they know the economic (and other) consequences. It seems to be all about politics and their own positions rather than what’s best for the UK.

And with idiot Trump as US President I think the World has gone stark raving bonkers.

2 Likes

please share from a viable source, not Fakebook. I cannot seem to find out what vote they are talking about.

It’s to do with the EU withdrawal bill that was debated and voted on in the H of C last week.

I’ve never heard of fakebook. Is it something you use?

yes its where you posted the link from Fakebook where people reinvent themselves and fake stories are born.

Clearly your on Facebook (Fakebook) as you posted a media story from there backed up with no official data.

Please do provide us with factual information though on the story you shared.

im aware of the bill but not sure how factual the information posted on fakebook is as its their words but with no story to show where that information was sourced from.

I thought you were the FACEbook expert.

Thing is Robert - the UK had the right of veto on any proposed EU legislation since its inception - it chose not to exercise those rights on the key issues you mention. In any case - I’m still not clear how any of them have affected you (negatively) on a daily basis.

Are you implying that the UK is to look forward to reductions in VAT and Excise duties post Brexit? Do you think the UK may repeal some of the legislation around safe working practices or maybe even ‘enhance’ them post Brexit?

2 Likes

I still don’t understand how someone who supports and enjoys freedom of movement at a personal level is so keen to deny other EU citizens those same rights.

4 Likes

Complete mystery to me as well David. I understand there may be some UK nationals, now resident immigrants in France, who voted for Brexit - hard to believe I know!! :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

You couldn’t make it up…

4 Likes

For what its worth, IMO I believe that Brexit will take place, I don’t want it, but it’s gone too far, I believe, to change.
For me, personally, all the blah blah, about Carte de Sejour, obtaining French nationality et al is akin to scaremongering in some instances.
It seems also, to me, that some of the responses on here have become too personal. We are all entitled to our opinions, but please don’t ‘attack’ others if you don’t agree with what they say.
Facebook is also a social forum, it can be used intelligently, it can also be abused.
We are all adults, we have a choice of what we read, listen to and comment on. If we, on this forum, have so much trouble listening to, researching, and trying to understand others, what hope is there for the ‘wider world’ ?
Enough said …

6 Likes

Turkeys and Christmas :rofl:

2 Likes

Bill has added the festive trimmings :grin:

2 Likes

not at all. Now please do provide us with factual info to back up the post as I cannot find anything that covers your post share and i know from previous comments you do prefer facts

Harry, the premise is that by voting FOR the EU withdrawal bill last week the named Tory MP’s were voting against workers rights that currently come under EU legislation.

Have I got that right David?

I do think there are some factors, UK pension increments, health cover, restricted travel within the EU, when we are are ‘non EU’, are worth considering???