Carte de sejour Nigella's dad and I are applying!

Good! Thanks :slight_smile:

Harry, may I put it to you that you seem to select those ‘facts’ that match your beliefs.

For example, this article “Oversleeping Has Some Serious Health Risks” was written by a lady who sells foam mattresses, and doesn’t offer any scientific references to support her assertions about the so-called risks of sleep. All her opinions seem based firmly on her natural wish to sell more mattresses to the gullible public. No reliable facts, but you seem to share her biases.

3 Likes

And that takes us right back to Brexit. Because that is the basis on which people voted.

Also, have you all seen today that Nigel Lawson says he’s not being a hypocrite because he doesn’t work in France so does not rely on freedom of movement. He is either lying or ignorant of all the benefits of freedom of movement.

I never thought I would be so relieved that we are getting back to Brexit…:zipper_mouth_face::relaxed:

2 Likes

whether he deserves to live here are not is not the case, he has every right to apply just like you or me.

Please do show me the facts ive ignored? That does not include facts from random individual but facts from proper sources.

and I stated clearly it was my PERSONAL thinking and NOT FACTS. I linked some information regarding to sleep stuff and did not claim any of it was facts.

Nowhere do i say ANYTHING i linked was facts but things that are related to my personal opinion.

Hope that clarifies and simplifies it enough for you Peter.

and yes people often match FACTS to their beliefs, you never see anyone linking pages that counter their own opinion now do you as that would be a waste of time

I haven’t got a clue why you’re responding to me Harry particularly in such a combative manner. I was replying to Peter who used the phrase “select those ‘facts’ that match your beliefs” because it made me think about the referendum.

My thoughts on Nigel Lawson are exactly what I said. He is either lying about freedom of movement or does not understand it. I didn’t give my view as to whether he deserves to live in France or what his rights are.

You’re absolutely right, Stella, the ship seems to right itself after a spot of turbulence, and the fairground horse with our child on it comes round again and they cling on while we wave nervously until it stops…

… and out of nowhere comes a distant mémoire of à huge carousel with magnificent white horses and gilded harnesses, the steam-powered piped organ playing ‘Granada’ as it span its terrifying magic…‘Granada’

1 Like

Carousel is about right, things are certainly going around in circles and becoming confused as they do.

haha sorry must have clicked reply to you instead of peter. Sorry.

1 Like

ahh i see now its because you responded to peter but quoted me as well.

I stand by it though he has as much right as anyone to apply for it.

Of course he does Harry.

But you have to admit that it smells a bit funny when someone takes advantage of freedom of movement but then campaigns to deny that advantage to his fellow countrymen/women.

You can understand why people are calling him out for it.

3 Likes

quite possibly but as he has a home here he has every right to do so.

He may in many eyes (including my own) be a bloody hypocrite but he also has the right to apply.

But why defend him with all your heart and soul. Yes he has the right to apply
but he still could be a hypocrite ……really is!

i do not disagree I think he is a hypocrite as ive said, it does not change the fact that he has every right to apply for it. I am defending the fact that everyone has the right to stick an application in for it no matter what.

The government has tried innovative thinking and so-far has not made much progress.

A “lightweight”, technology assisted border - ANPR etc has been proposed, the so-called “Max Fac” option and has been rejected by Ireland and the EU.

Well, Harry I do admire your zeal for ascertainable facts as you see them, and that you elevate mere opinion over more considered points of view. Gadzooks! I bet you were a tough negotiator as a Union rep! :scream: I was a COHSE Branch secretary in the 1950s, and led a strike of nurses in 1974, reported to be “the first ever strike of nurses in the UK” (at Highcroft Hospital in Birmingham) It was a very orderly affair, and no patients were put at risk; in fact, the inmates managed the wards better than the staff, which taught me something about psychiatric care…

I’m sorry your career was ended by injury, but glad you were properly compensated and lived to enjoy your retirement in a companionable way with your dogs, and your doggy enterprise.

You are a “one-off”, Harry, and wear your heart and your spleen and your b*lls on your sleeve. What would we do without you? Wuff Wuff. :kissing::kissing::blush:

On the face of it, at present it would seem that whatever is suggested in relation to the Irish border question, one group or another out of the EU, the Irish Gov’t, or the DUP are going to reject it. Of course we have no way of knowing what goes on in discussions behind the scenes, but the obvious outcome of such constant vetoing by one group or another is in fact the continuance of the status quo. So that makes me wonder whether that is in fact the end objective of some of the groups involved. No doubt as far as the EU is concerned the best end result is that the UK continues to pay it’s dues, continues to accept Freedom of Movement, and just goes on mirroring customs tariffs for ever and ever, so with the apparent weakness of the UK government’s negotiating position, all the EU has to do is to keep rejecting solutions to the Ulster border situation and they will probably get everything they want, with the added bonus of not having to put up with the UK’s presence in the Council of Ministers.
What we really need is a UK government with a bit more guts that is not being held hostage to power by the DUP.

yes I gave no grounds to management at all. when oour h and s rep left i took on that role as well and management tried to block it and put in a puppet instead but they failed. the staff voted me in unanimously,

Unions have lost a great deal of their power but I flexed it as much as i humanly could. I cannot help being opinionated unfortunately that is just me.

bit wireded out with you sending me kisses though…