Carte de sejour Nigella's dad and I are applying!

Hasn’t this thread now run its course and should be locked to prevent the invective worsening?
Slanging matches are not why I spend precious time in this forum… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

So he thinks he can get a carte de sejour does he? Not in 37! We’ve been told that we cannot have one because the French state is streamlining bureaucracy. (?) We have had one for 10 years but that was done in Paris and has now recently expired. British embassy also thinks we should get one but how do we if the authorities say no? Fortunately we can prove our residence if push comes to shove via our cotisations.

You may assume that I am merely being polite :slight_smile:

Nichola… did you apply to renew… before… your CdS expired???

Just wondering if that might be a grey area for others to watch out for…:thinking:

Are you really that naive?

About what?

I agree at 200% Graham arguing doe1s not help

1 Like

We had to wait three months for a five minute appointment at the bureau d’étrangers so we had the interview in January whilst our cartes expired in April. We thought it might be long winded. :joy:I have notified our embassy in Paris who have asked the French dept responsible to circulate advice to the regions. Next time I’m in town I’m going to call in again and see what the current situation is.

1 Like

Have you tried writing directly to Monsieur Le Prefet enclosing a printed copy of this page
https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F22116
informing him about what has happened when you tried to apply,
and politely asking why it is that his staff are refusing to comply with French Central Government directives.

1 Like

honestly who cares. I do not. I hate the fact that Brexit is happening BUT he lives here just like we do so he has every right to apply for one too.

This kind of hate is what destroyed the great in Britain.

1 Like

Spot on Mr H, the guy is a has-been politician so I don’t understand why people still give credence to or care about what he says.

1 Like

people do and I understand their passion behind it. Unfortunately that does not change the fact that he is entitled to exactly the same as us folks.

I have no idea what sort of Bollotics (you can guess the mix of 2 words) he was into nor do i care. EVERYONE is entitled to do what they like if they are within the law.

Many many folks on here, some vocal some silent, who live outside of the UK and in it voted to leave the EU. They voted for a chance for the UK to thrive away from the EU.

Also Many many folks on here, some vocal some silent, who live outside of the UK and in it voted to stay in the EU. They voted for a chance for the UK to thrive within the EU.

While we may not like what people have done and we may hate their family for being who they are, it does not change that the entitlement is still there for them to come and live here or stay living here.

The reason folks care is because the media drums up the war drums to produce news worthy stories and we buy into all that horse manure

1 Like

Yes we all take some notice of the media…almost all of us.
And we are interested on what is going on around us.
And yes we are divided in our thoughts as to to the future well being of UK.
Yes it is correct every one has the same rights to live with a carte de sejour here in France.
To me it shows that although he sees a possibility of a better UK after Brexi.t…is that what the aim is?
He still prefers something about France.

I think perhaps a solution to conundrums like Lord Lawson’s possible ambivalence or seeming divided loyalties - passionate Brexiteer/resident in France - might lie in the old adage "Follow the money… ". :smirk:

Or merely survival of the fittest

so a few points.

1: They have had a home in France for many many years.
2: Just because he voted leave he did so for what he feels will make the country better off.
3: Just because someone votes leave does not mean they should live there. Many people voted for what they felt and feel will benefit the country on the whole.
4: If it all goes well for the UK after leaving and things get better then great. No one knows the end result yet.
5: People should get on with their lives and stop stressing over choices of where others choose to live no matter what they voted.
6: Freedom to choose whatever people want.

1 Like

if it came down to survival of the fittest it would come down to bare knuckles and the rich would not stand a chance.

oh yes Harry.
But of course.
But it does not stop the curiosity does it?

We live in a ‘soundbite’, ‘headline grabbing’ world where few ever read the full story.

Perhaps.
Yes and it is survival of the fittest for sure!
Nigella was a supporter of our cooking and a customer and she came to the restaurant with her husband John Diamond who took us through the journey of his awful battle with cancer and then she suffered more family loss to cancer and I feel that she changed…the survivor took over with great vengeance. People do all sorts of things to survive.
We all are doing it without thinking.
So maybe the media is savage…maybe we should not engage with it?