Carte de sejour Nigella's dad and I are applying!

Yes Jane and that is why UK is going further into a mess;
As for the people who voted out and did it purely out of ignorance or misunderstanding…or
something else…well maybe they will never see the light!
cke
[/quote]

im sure the leave voters are saying the same about us who voted to remain.

They can say what they like we can back up our point if view with facts. I know that facts and expert opinion are not in fashion but just like jeans they still work for me.

1 Like

i think the argument where far more deeper than that.

I am not agreeing with them btw but there were many arguments and people personal feelings were involved too. I voted remain fr no other reason that i thought it was the right thing to do.

I did not follow all the bollotics. I knew from day one my vote was remain and as I do not watch the news or read newspapers I did not see most of the controversial stuff from BOTH sides. I stand by one thing. If BOTH sides had not lied through their teeth and bum holes about everything, the people would have been able to vote with truth in hand. Unfortunately BOTH sides chose to try to deceive the public, Leave party just did a better job.

All the bolocticians are to blame for this mess along with the media.

unfortunately the truths got diluted with all the lies both sides told along with selective media.

The Facts got lost in the fiction and too little too late. When the crap hit the fan all those liars should have been punished on both sides of the fence

The facts were always there Harry, there is no need to believe everything that is said by others. I really can’t agree that the leave campaigners did a ‘better job’, you almost make it sound that lies and deceit are acceptable if they get a result.

If only people did the proper research before they voted, we’d always get the right result then.:grinning:

they just told better lies or do you feel remain told the whole truth? Are you that blinkered?

I made my vote before it even started. My vote never changed. Bollocticians have always told lies to get the job done, its part of the job description I think.

they did not do a “better job” they just sucked in more people with their lies. As I said, had BOTH sides just told the truth the people may have been able to see the facts as they stood. Unfortunately both sides played the game of lies and the truth was lost to many where the lies made the facts to be doubted.

even with proper research people were sucked into the lies. the lies distorted the truth and the facts and that is on BOTH sides of this fight. AS I said all the liars in the campaign on both sides should have been held accountable, if political liars were held accountable and punished fr their lies it may make the whole process better. Unfortunately that will never happen on wither side of the fence.

One of the FACTS is this: While both parties had facts and fiction, they both lied! That is a fact.

You misunderstand me Harry, the facts are there whatever the politicians say. We do not have to listen to them, that is optional.

If you cannot bother to at least try to keep yourself informed, I feel your opinion cannot be regarded with any gravitas.
We all have our own feelings, but we all need something to back them up when it comes to matters of such import.
The Brexiteers are now being shown up in their true lights and the DUP have much to answer for, but birds do have a tendency to come to roost and the sooner the better as far as I am concerned.

The Brexit vote was a gamble pure and simple, facts did not come into it.

Cameron thought he was onto a winner.

not at all. I knew the politicians on both sides are full of crap, I knew what i wanted as a person so i chose to ignore the entire process and vote remain.

It was good fun after the fact reading the web of lies both sides spun around the real facts, no wonder it left so many confused…

You are missing the point too. The remainers have also been shown to have told packs of lies, I do not deny that the brexiters lied, my point being is its a double edged knife they all lied. You are so fixed n just moaning about one side you forget there are 2 sides to it. the more lies each side told the more the other told. like a bunch of kids in the playground

Keep on telling yourself that the remains told no lies or just keep your blinkers on to the facts. that is your choice. While i am not happy of the outcome the blame rests with both sides for being so full of crap and the people for taking their lies as given fact as after all politicians never lie to us ever do they and everyone just believed what they wanted based on their own beliefs already. very few people relied or researched real facts.

brexit was always a gamble and I think it backfired on them all.

yes agree on that point, often though people believe all info given to them

Cameron’s motives weren’t unreasonable but he totally misread the public mood.

The Leave campaign played into people’s fears and prejudices and 40 years of British ambivalence towards the European project.

The real problem, though, is the mishandling of not only the referendum but the result and of the exit process itself.

The first thing we should have done was to debate what future relationship we wanted - this should have been in parliament and before Article 50 was triggered. We would not then have to witness the spectacle of the government just about destroying itself (and it still might) trying to decide how we want to exit, amongst deep divisions in the Tory party (and Labour party come to that, but their problems are not so relevant at present).

One could even have put things like EEA membership to a popular vote - it was, after all, one of the models that the Leave campaign told us could be pursued.

As it stands it has become one of the biggest ***k-ups in the history of British politics and I’m not sure it won’t get worse before it gets better.

4 Likes

“I do not watch the news or read newspapers”

How do you inform yourself about current affairs? Radio? Online?

if its important my wife tells me. Other than I might see it here. I do not watch TV news or read newspapers. Too much doom and gloom and lies spread by the media.

I choose a simple life and just do not bother myself with the media.

Other than social media?

I have only recently started focusing (past 6 months) on here. I read old news but im not very good with current affairs although this site does keep me informed as find it a mixed bunch of media, allot of the stuff I will just skip past.