Carte de sejour Nigella's dad and I are applying!

It would seem that you now understand how those of us who have consistently voted against membership of the EEC / EU have felt for the previous 40 years or so.
Perhaps the best thing that those who wish to remain in the EU could do is to form a ‘Stay in the EU’ Party in order to best further their desires through the political process. I wonder why it is that such a party has not been formed since the referendum result became known.

1 Like

So all the opt-outs, rebates, and general arms-lengthness with which we conducted business with the EU counted for nothing in your view.

Also don’t forget that the 1975 referendum result was basically 2/3 in favour and 1/3 against, not almost 50:50

There is the The Renew Party but it will go the way of all new centrist parties in the UK - a one way trip to obscurity. As I said without a change to proportional representation we will always have a two party system. Up to the 2010 election I thought the LibDems might be in with a chance to make it a three horse race but the coalition seems to have killed them for the moment. I don’t hold any hope for a new entrant into the race.

Very few politicians can see past the next election and who will be voting for them and even fewer are willing to sacrifice their position for their beliefs. The general feeling is that to go against the will of the people, however crazy that will actually is, is to commit professional suicide, a suicide that will be applauded all the way by the right wing press. Sad but true. As it is many politicians who know better, including the Prime Minister will be aiding and abetting the country’s approach to and plunge over the cliff. Whether Britain will survive the fall, shake herself off and rebuild as a world power or not certainly won’t be clear in my lifetime. I sincerely hope this tale does have a happy ending but as I’m not a gambler I cannot be made to believe that leaving the EU is a good move. Germany might profit individually if they upped sticks and left but Britain does not the infrastructure to go it alone and thrive.

1 Like

Wild …….really! but that is how I feel about it. Just ask around and hear the reasons.
In some cases there are no reasons…“we could do with some change” Yes of course make it happen but no need to tear up Europe to bring something new into your lives.

And; of course there is the anger of immigration and how the Polish people or the whatevers are taking all the jobs, all the hospital appointments and the houses. Oh dear to me it is obvious.

It is very to blame the PM of the day if the UK suffers after Brexit, no senior politician in either of the two main parties has the balls to even try and stop the UK leaving the EU. How many of us would seriously want to be in TM’s shoes, half the country hates her just because she’s a Tory, half the Tory party hates her because she’s pro-EU which doesn’t leave many people who do like her yet she still has to carry on and produce a Brexit deal which everyone agrees with, mission impossible IMO.

1 Like

I think Tim that she asked for the job…and she got it. How can you respect someone who changes her mind from No Brexit to Brexit?
Or have you forgotten people…she took the job because she wanted power not because she wants to save UK.

1 Like

I blame Cameron for a lot of this mess … he didn’t get the result he wanted and so jumped ship leaving a leadership crisis. I don’t have a lot of time for Theresa May but admire that she stood up and took the job nobody wanted to do and is trying to negotiate a path that has never been taken before and, whatever the end result, there will be dissention still.

Yes Cameron started the mess.And it is getting messier by the day. A bit like over handled pate sable.

Since when has TM ever said she now supports the UK leaving the EU?

The incoming PM had to be a remainer to offer some sort of balance against the likes of Johnson, Gove and Fox which left naff all candidates amongst senior Tories on that side of the argument.

Does she look like she’s enjoying the job?

No she does not look like she is enjoying the job because it is a job that, perhaps she should not have accepted and the Tory gov should not have instigated the project. It should have been abandoned long ago before it went this far. Egg on faces and all ….save the country…that is more important I think.

In Cameron’s case I think it was go or be pushed.

there is still a leaderhip crisis.

You’re looking at this as someone who voted Remain, who won’t accept the result and expects the PM of the day to ignore the majority (however small) and cancel Brexit. No politician of any persuasion would do that and why should they?

No politician should lead their country to disaster.

2 Likes

for any reason.

1 Like

yes I would have like to vote remain but something went wrong with the process…Kensington and Chelsea.

1 Like

Same old, same old. Brexit is going to be a disaster so we have to stop it says someone who voted Remain, what about the majority who voted Leave, do they not get a say?

The result has to stand and the PM will have to come up with a deal, end of.

1 Like

Not even those who voted Leave voted for the present mess.

What result - the result where we were told this would be the easiest process in the world, the result which promised we would have the same access to the European Market without having to pay or accept free movement, the result which said we could join the EEA, the result that promised the world was queueing up to do trade deals, …

You get the picture?

1 Like

Did you not read what I wrote a few mins ago.

1 Like

sorry??? Polish get jobs as the English are too lazy to get off their asses. Polish people also mainly rent accommodation, in fact my wife who was a manager for a large coffee shop which had 4 shops in one town there were 18 polish people, super workers, all of them renting privately.

I worked in the NHS and the Polish were some of the hardest workers there be it domestics or health care. Many of them qualified physios and massive degrees and other such good previous jobs but working in lower paids jobs that many people consider beneath them.

I worked on the Bins for awhile when i left one job to move to a new NHS job and \again the polish there, doing jobs of collecting rubbish that the oxford bin company when they advertised for employees hardly any English people even bothered applying for and when they did get people applying their cv’s and applications were so badly written in an attempt to make them unemployable so they could stay on benefits.

So yes they deserve hospital appointments over those lazy buggers who refuse to work. And working in the hospital also I saw more English that foreigners for sure.

To me that statement is what I hate about England and the mentality since you live in a foreign country and hope you never get sick and are subject to abuse for taking up a spot in a french hospital instead of a french person.