Carte de sejour Nigella's dad and I are applying!

oh the bother boys are gathering! better run away no fighting today for me. It is a happy day of celebration and I will be going to the village to hear some music and see friends.

AH but I agree the Polish who came to UK were great workers…Good people and yes highly skilled. But this is what we are up against the people who can not and will not see that the polish people have stolen nothing from them. Bad attitude this racism!

we do agree on something?

not at all Barbara im simply responding to your own words. Sorry that im a male but in this society folks want sexual equality remarks like that making it out like a bunch of men are trying to fight with you. You make the remark in the first place. BTW I am half polish, my granddad was part of the polish army that fought along side the British in ww2 so yes it is offensive when people accuse my people of stealing all the houses and NHS appointments.

Have a great evening.

BTW to end it i think your a brilliant lady.

1 Like

And I hate it too when my cousin tells me that the polish people in Lincolnshire take all the jobs and she votes blindly for that idiot with a massive grin. I do not speak to her any longer as I consider her to be racist.
I saw you typing and I know that you and Tim are happy to have a little fight with me.

So not sexist just getting ready to defend myself.

Really?

Actually I’ve twigged what Brexit is:

Brexit is not merely the process of having one’s cake and eating it.

Brexit is the process of simultaneously claiming that the same slice of cake is Battenberg to those who don’t like chocolate, chocolate to those who have a nut allergy and date&walnut to everyone else, all the while having not baked the cake in the first place; when finally forced to come up with the goods no-one is going to get what they wanted or thought they were going to get and some are going to die of anaphylaxis.

1 Like

BTW I may be 10% Polish and I love cats more than dogs.

Any time anyone disagrees with you we are picking a fight with you.

That is your answer to everything really.

Boring argument

1 Like

I really don’t have an issue with somebody who changes their mind on any issue if they have learned more on the subject. If people didn’t ever change their mind you would only have entirely entreched positions and nothing would ever change.

It is quite common that pro-brexit voters are moving towards remain, possibly even the other direction.

1 Like

Sorry, can’t resist - which bit of you ‘maybe 10% Polish’, an arm?

the hard working side of me.
Boring or brilliant ?

Yes Paul, I agree with you that the Brexit process is currently a mess. However it’s probably something to be expected when there is a government that is implementing a policy that many of the most senior of them seemingly don’t believe in.
What we need is a government that is prepared to do some plain speaking instead of sitting on the fence all the time. We need a government that grants visas to foreigners who wish to fill vacancies in the NHS and which states clearly that the UK is not against immigration as such, but is against uncontrolled immigration brought about by the EU’s Freedom of Movement principle.
The Government needs to clearly tell the EU that whilst we have no intention of putting up a fence on the Irish border, that we will still set our own Customs rules, and that we see no need to match their customs tariffs in Ulster or anywhere else in the UK for that matter. Should this result in a bit of smuggling going on then let the EU deal with it if they wish to ---- after all, the EU don’t seem very concerned about securing their own borders when it comes to Italy or Greece, so why should the relatively short border around Ulster matter much to them.
We need a government that makes plain that we will still be willing to trade with them, but on terms that suit the UK and not just the EU.
The whole point of leaving the EU is to enable the UK to be independent of Brussels. We will not need to obey their rules any more, and we need a government that is prepared to say exactly that out loud.
What we need is a government prepared to be innovative and challenging, and that also has enough guts to make Brexit work.

1 Like

Outside of a tariff/customs agreement of some sort, customs checks on the Irish border post Brexit is not about EU rules, it’s about WTO rules (remember them?) and International Law.

It amazes me that these comments can be made by a British Citizen who has taken advantage of the freedom of movement rules. One rule for him another for those foreigners who want to work in the country he’s left!

1 Like

I believe that the regulations you refer to permit, rather than require customs checks, and that therefore the UK could choose not to implement them.

Not at all. I believe you misconstrue Sir.
It is not about one rule for me and a different rule for others. It is about each country being able to set it’s own rules, and also about each country being able to change those rules when circumstances change.
Additionally, I also support the concept that retrospective legislation is usually a bad thing, and that therefore a person who has previously undertaken an action that was lawful at the time it was taken, should not later be punished for having done so by virtue of retrospective changes.
Whilst the Freedom of Movement rules are in place, everyone is able to avail themselves of their provisions should they so wish, but once those rules no longer apply ----- well then they end in respect of future movement only.
I also think it appropriate to remember that both Britons and Europeans have lived and worked in each other’s countries for centuries before the Freedom of Movement rules were even thought of, and no doubt such geographical exchanges of workplace and residency will continue post Brexit ----- albeit subject to different regulatory criteria.

1 Like

Which ones have affected you Robert - out of interest?

When has the UK been prevented from doing so - examples would help?

A YouGov poll earlier this month asked ‘In hindsight, do you think Britain was right or wrong to vote to leave the EU?’, the result was… a complete tie. So even after two years of being in ‘a complete mess’ the UK voting public still cannot be swayed into wanting the decision reversed. In addition a sizeable chunk of Remainers think that Brexit should still go ahead which means there is a clear majority that believe the result should stand and the UK should just get on with it.

Just so people are in no doubt, I’m a remainer and believe that whilst the EU needs reforming the UK has and would have continued to benefit from being a member. However I furher believe that long term Brexit will not be the economic apocalypse for the UK that so called experts on here are forecasting for the simple reason it’s not in the EU’s interest to let that happen.

2 Likes

Hopefully your beliefs will turn out to be true. It is however a huge gamble and the odds are not favourable.