Carte European

I think that’s the current query, if I get French residency but go to work in the UK for a five years can I come back and carry on as before with the same rights?

Ah, I see.
I believe all most or all types of France’s CdS have a limit on how long you can be absent. This isn’t a special limit for Brits.
As with the right to onward movement - it would have been nice if the EU had agreed to this extra bit of special treatment for Brits but I don’t think we are entitled to demand it. No other 3rd country residents in France have that right.

Yes, much tho’ I would love to have them, onward rights for us smacks of the having cake and eating it philosophy. We will not be EU citizens…that’s what the bastards voted for.

(My latest dream is that the application for french nationality makes it clear that people who voted for Brexit can’t apply as they have shown that they don’t uphold the values of an european nation)

I seem to remember reading that with a 10 year card you can leave for 5 years, which is longer than normal as we special snowflakes do get some concessions.

1 Like