CASTING FOR CHANNEL FIVE - Avignon, Arles, Nimes, Orange area

My local fish and chips. Always excellent locally sourced fish. This French owned and run restaurant/take away is thriving in a location with very few British customers. The chips are great too. International cuisine.

2 Likes

An unexpected trip came about today…a group of us will be passing through la Rochelle in June… perhaps I can persuade our convoy to test Le Merluchon…:wink:

Votez Merluchon!!

The thing about assumptions Mark is that, sometimes, they unwittingly backfire. I have a few reasons for wanting to be buried in my country of birth - two of them are particularly tragic and not for disclosure on an open forum. So back off please.

In essence I have no intention of returning to live in the UK and therefore consider myself an immigrant in France.

You, on the other hand, can call yourself whatever you feel comfortable with.

It is not a question of being comfortable with Simon it is using the correct word in the correct context. Not that it has ever crossed my mind or come up in conversation before.

So…

An immigrant is someone who moves to another country with the intention of never moving back to their country of origin.

An expat is someone who moves to another country (usually for work) but has the intention of moving back at some stage.

I guess most British living in France are expats as statically I believe most move back to the UK eventually.

Most French people living and working in the UK are expats too as I guess the majority will retire back to France.

Et volia.

We discussed that here a while back too

http://www.survivefrance.com/t/why-are-white-people-expats-when-the-rest-of-us-are-immigrants/1440/182

Hello. My name is Judi Christie, I’m Scottish living in the town of Le Vigan in the Cevennes mountains about an hour from Nimes and I run a English speaking touring theatre company. We tour from November to April each year in the schools in France offering a theatre play and associated workshops. If you were interested please look at our website www.Quorum-ETC.com where you will find lots of info and a film showing a ‘typical’ day at Quorum. Unfortunately I will be in Canada in mid-May but you never know, you might the work we do interesting and suitable at another time when you may be filming. Feel free to get in touch quorumfr@gmail.com Good luck!

Hi Judi,
Thanks for this. It seems like we’ll miss you on this occasion, but i’ll definitely keep your details on file for future reference.
best wishes,
Sam Samantha BrickTel: 00 33 553 28 48 78
Mob: 00 33 637 24 49 82My book: “HeadOver Heels in France” is out nowTwitter: @samanthabrickInstagram: sammy_brickFacebook: Sam Brick