Cat photos only

Everything new needs to be inspected.

7 Likes

Bettina - oh dear - oh dear - you do realise you are to be his slave for ever donā€™t you. Seems as though he has his own sleeping hammock (above the heater/radiator?) - and his own comfy sofaā€¦ that is one very happy cat. He looks gorgeous - what breed ? Do let us know how he settles in with his adoring slaves wonā€™t you ? !!

theyā€™re getting to know one anotherā€¦

3 Likes

He is a Norwegian Forest Cat. Love the breed but had to go to Germany to find a breeder who will sell a kitten which is allowed out/not kept in the house or an enclosure.
She is spoiling him to no extend. I am, afraid the hammock over the heater and the cat bed will not happen in France. He might get his own bed, but hammock only by the pool.
Planning to leave on Tuesday to pick him up. 2000km round trip - yes I am crazy!

2 Likes

Bettina - you said it !! I had wanted a Maine Coon years ago - but never found local breeder. You really will have your hands full - heā€™s going to be so large heā€™ll outgrow your lap in no time. What a fabulous breed. Good luck - and enjoy his company.

1 Like

I have had Norwegians for 20 years now. Lovely, talkative and very clever cats. In NYC I adopted a Maine Coon mix. He came along for the ride. N.Y., London, Toronto, back to London and finally Scotland. Cat had air miles. If I could a Maine coon would be in the household as well. But already have an older Dundonian, a French kitty is trying to adopt us, and now the new boy. Donā€™t want to be known as the crazy cat woman by my French neighbours.

1 Like

Fran24 - lovely photo of your siamese. Appears to be the original type of proper Siamese, not the too thin modern version. Am I right ?

1 Like

Love all these photos; posing cats, playful cats - all much loved. The group photos of cats with 1 dog (spot the difference) are very funny. Canā€™t believe how many of you have a houseful or sofa full of cats - how I envy you all. Weā€™ve lost 3 much loved cats over the last 12 years. We are now catless - so I visit here to get my ā€˜fixā€™ of cat pix, and happy feline families.
Please - more, more, more. And do give us their names as well - thereā€™s usually a lovely story as to why a cat has been given a particular name.
More, more, moreā€¦!!

Anne, he was too thin when he first arrived on my doorstep :slightly_frowning_face: I soon plumped him up :grinning::wink:
He was a very friendly cat, but one of our other catā€™s was aggressive toward him! For three years I had to feed him outside and keep him away the aggressive one. When the AO passed away it was open house :grinning: see my avatar photo.
I really miss him :pray:

Blanche Neige

8 Likes

How lovely Chris, :kissing_cat: I have an uncontrollable urge to gently touch her nose, like a button with a sign do not press!

2 Likes

She would probably reciprocate by clawing your noseā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

I knew there was a reason why I prefer dogs! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

After losing Milo we went to the cat rescue once we could go and visit - Sox and Sam at eight weeks :slight_smile:

5 Likes

RIP Zag (the one on the right).

RTA today - a kind stranger tried to get her to a vet, but too late.

:cry:

3 Likes

Oh no Paul, how terribly sad, so very sorry to read this. :pensive:

2 Likes

Of the two she was definitely the more affectionate - if sheā€™d been out for a while sheā€™d come in, hop up on a suitable high surface - usually the kitchen table and, standing on her hind legs, place her paws on your chest and basically demand a cuddle.

The two of them have pretty much been the most destructive cats we have shared our living space with - the bill to replace or repair damaged furnishings is running to four figures but they were still part of the family and she will be sorely missed.

3 Likes

Sorry about that, itā€™s horrible to lose a pet like that

Ours is about as affectionate as a salt water crocodile but weā€™d still miss herā€¦

1 Like

Condolences, it is horrible to lose a pet but especially like that.