Cats, Cats, Cats, let us see your photos of your CATS!

(John MacMAHON) #1

(Lynn STONE) #2

Thanks Lauren, I’ll keep that one in mind next time too - excellent!

(Lauren Berreth Vasseur) #3

Try Maizena-cornstarch…I tried shampoos and the quantity needed was as much a problem as the oil…they weren’t happy and it irritated their skin. I rubbed in the cornstarch which absorbed the oil and fell off. They were less ticked off and it comes out easily. My sheets, sofa and beige tiled floor didn’t fair as well.

This old home remedy comes from my step-mom in Florida.

(Lynn STONE) #4

Claudette - what a doll!!
These photos are all so super, how anyone can dump cats and kittens is beyond me!

(John MacMAHON) #5

Claudette a couple of years ago!

(Regina Young) #6

Gosh Lynn, those babies are precious! I doubt that I could part with them! I hope they will all find good homes!!!

(Regina Young) #7

…and Mischief, who just appeared as a young kitten at our door one day while we were on holiday. Our daughter was so attached to him by the time we got back that he got to stay.

(Regina Young) #8

These are Tatou and Bibi, our beautiful rescues adopted through the Phoenix Association in the Dordogne:

(Lynn STONE) #9

These are Lillies little ones, just one week old!

(Lynn STONE) #10

I’m sure he’ll forgive you and get over it, better that he has a little upset like this - sounds like you did exactly the right thing. How about getting your neighbour to replace his car???

(Lynn STONE) #11

Hi Julie,

Firstly and most importantly, any type of oil or gas is extremely toxic to your cat. It’s imperative that you remove the oil from its fur immediately. If you suspect your cat has ingested some, take it to the veterinarian right away.

You can try to remove it by bathing with warm water and soap or washing up liquid. Most cats don’t like taking a bath so you could try just massaging the fur with the solution. In the end if this doesn’t work after several attempts, then cutting out the offending area of fur maybe the only option.

(Lynn STONE) #12

Absolutely gorgeous cats John and you must have a lot of patience, I know how long it takes to get photos of kittens etc but it seems that you wore them out beforehand - that’s cheating!
Aren’t they just wonderful though?
If you are interested, in our cat charity we have Lillie, she gave birth to 6 kittens on the 15th April so we are trying to follow their progress in photos on our website - www.chatsduquercy.com

Welcome to our cat mad group!