Cats, Cats, Cats, let us see your photos of your CATS!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Absolutely spoiled rotten and they know it :slight_smile:

They certainly do know it :laughing:

the Pig looking tiny, he weighed a shade over 8 kilos when I took that picture.

5 Likes

Wow, that is one big cat, how old there.

3ish, it was a couple of months ago, he appeared from nowhere last year very very thin but huge of frame. He weighed in at 8kg200 (at the vet’s for a bitten arm) last month.

You certainly have done a good job of feeding him up :sunglasses:

1 Like

Long ago a thin semi-wild pregnant cat turned up in my garden and I put food down for her, but that pregnancy failed. She became pregnant again, and later, to my surprise, brought her two new 6-week-old kittens from the wild, into the house through the cat flap. Clever mum!

The first I knew of them was when a little white kitten came flying out through the front door when I came back from shopping.

They settled in but I was amazed to see this spectacle several months later. Took a hurried pic hence the blurred image.

My assumption is that these two meat-eating teenagers, brother, and sister, are allowed to suckle because mum was a happy and contented cat.

1 Like

In Damascus I used to visit a damask weaver who had a cat who lived at the far end of his weaving room, on the floor behind the loom, she had some very little kittens the first time I went and I was surprised to see an adult cat come and latch on at the end of the line, well it was a 2 years older sister who had her own kittens but still kept coming back to mummy. Extraordinary creatures, cats.

1 Like

Any room for a wee one… Ok right, apparently not :yum::laughing:.

2 Likes

I had that. It worried me as I think it was one pretty much fully grown cat around a year old from the previous litter, I think amongst other reasons it may have been trying to starve a new litter of food. Kind of existential competing.

I too had a similar experience with another mother cat with kittens who was suckling them, when Buster, a young adult male, very slowly approached them on his belly and cautiously started suckling. Mum didn’t react.

I suppose kittenhood is hard to leave behind sometimes.

I know, I know, this isn’t a picture of one of my cats, but a video of Cheetah Cat – couldn’t help post it!

Lovable!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Not a photo, but - is there any more restful a sound than a cat snoring ?

2 Likes

I hope this works…
We have here Yo-Yo, my 13 year old Sphynx, adoring the heatwave.

1 Like

And here we have Saucer the Devon Rex and Fuzzy, the Birman.

2 Likes

Oh yes. The monstrously destructive puppy snoring after finally being tired out. It means I can let my guard down for an hour…

They can be so annoying sometimes…

Don’t look too closely – I see my keyboard needs a good clean!

3 Likes