CDS approval extension? - YES!

I applied for my Brexit CDS online at the end of January. Within 2months I had my new card. A friend applied for his 6weeks after me and has heard nothing. We both fall under the same Prefecture. The only difference between us was I had a 10year and he had a 5year card. Do they still have to be dealt with by the 1st October or is that date extended. Thanks

When you say “heard nothing”… does your friend have an email confirming the Application has been made? (would have been received shortly after making said Application… )

As the date for Application has been extended to 30th September… I really don’t see how “CdS in hand on 1st October” can be viable… for so very many people… including those who applied yonks ago and still haven’t even had an Interview.

But it must be stressful.
Which is why I ask if your friend has the email. that at least shows he’s played his part.

1 Like

There are still 10000 applications to be processed as of last week so no chance that everyone who has applied will receive their card by next Thursday.

I don’t see the need for anyone to panic if they’ve had an email to confirm they have residency rights.

2 Likes

I am one of quite a large number who has had their interview but the card hasn’t arrived yet (5 weeks and counting) but I think I’d be concerned if your friend hasn’t ben called for interview yet @david_gillies . Which Departement are they in? @toryroo may have more up-to-date information on particular departments…

The only time I have been asked to prove I have residency rights was going into hospital. Apart from that no-one has ever asked. Obviously that may well become more common, but you still have to put yourself in a position to need to show ID. Drive carefully, don’t pick fights, and pay for your shopping amd all will be well.

Otherwise, quite frankly, I don’t see the average Brit being subject to contrôle au faciés.

And even were that to happen I don’t see it being a big problem even without a plastic card.

2 Likes

Good grief, did they really… I’ve only ever been asked for my Carte Vitale, along with Passport of course, to prove I am who I say I am…

1 Like

I had some minor hand surgery just a few days ago at a clinic near Clermont-Ferrand, they asked me to provide details of residency rights (CDS) and passport. This was a part of the fiche pre admission, and they only ever asked for copies, not to see the originals.

That’s interesting, Mark. Can I ask if it was a private or public clinic? The reason I am asking is that I’ve had a couple of minor procedures in the past year that happened to take place at a private clinic and I wasn’t asked to provide anything apart from Carte Vital and mutuelle.

However, when I had a different one the previous year at the (public) hospital, they asked for my passport (and carte vitale of course) and the document that they printed out had “IMMIGRANT” in big letters at the top! Shook me to see it in print like that, I can tell you, even though that is what I am, of course :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Good grief, you and Jane… really, really wierd.

Perhaps it’s because my hospital knows me well (we have history… :wink:) they didn’t ask… but I would given them a cheerful earbashing if they had asked for my CdS… even if I am wrong in my belief that they really shouldn’t before 1st October…
the conversation would have eventually degenerated into classic car discussions… :rofl:

at least they didn’t call you Expat… :rofl:

3 Likes

makes me wonder what a hospital does for an Immigrant who has not yet received the desired CdS… do they turn them away… even if they have CV et al… let’s face it… it’s not only Brits who are seeking CdS… and accidents will happen…

This was way back before WARP cards, at a public hospital. I handed over my EU carte de séjour, and also was put in the immigrant, refugee, asylum seeker category. However the “EU” on my card meant I didn’t have to furnish evidence of the intervention having been signed off in advance by Ameli - which I learnt that refugees have to do as a CV is not enough for them, and neither is a CdS. Sometimes we don’t realise how lucky we are!

1 Like

Gracious… I’ve never had a CdS until WARP… and hospitals in Limoges/Periguex/Bordeaux and I are great friends… similarly with OH.

Elderly white women are normally treated with respect here…

2 Likes

Indeed… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: but I haven’t always been elderly… it’s obviously my winning-smile… :rofl: :rofl:

to return to the original question…
@david_gillies

I do not believe there has been any announcement of an extension… since, had there been, we would be reading it in the Press (English and French) and it would be blazed across the skies… (slight exaggeration, but you get my drift…)

However, I truly do not believe that there will be a cull of those Brits who do not yet have the card on 1st October.

I’ve read that the deadline for physically having the CDS has been extended to Jan 1 to give the authorities extra time to process them.

marvellous… where did you read this @ChrisK ??

No , they treat them and then attempt to recover the cost from whoever should be paying.

1 Like

I knew you ask…I will interrogate google!