CdSejour On-line Portal, Info & Flow Chart 19 October '20 onwards

Channel Number is your house number…

Ah, thanks very much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just one curious thing…
On my application (which we did first) I was asked at the end to respond to a security question (subtract one number from another) but on V’s application immediately following it there was none :thinking:
Fortunately, being somewhat numerate, it wasn’t difficult but it did make me wonder at the time if applications are only accepted from enumerate Brits :grin:

3 Likes

@Susie_Kelly Ah… just looked back on our app… Building-Residence = number of name but Channel number = (in our case) LDT (lieu-dit and it’s name) but if you look on the back of your existing CdS (if you have one) type in the address as shown…

1 Like

Thanks for that, Graham - that section had me scratching my head and doing a quick bit of Googling!

Google is your friend - sometimes but probably not in this case :wink:
and sorry - just to emphasise a point, this question was already addressed in another thread here by @SuePJ - too many threads on the same subject can cause confusion and missed pointers :slightly_smiling_face:

Bonjour
Was awake early this beautiful morning, made a cuppa, and headed to the computer, started completing the brexit application on line, took note of the GED code, wrote it down, then was interrupted, on my return the page had timedout,.
Found the gouv.fr page for applying for new carte de sejours, took note of the new GED code completed the page pushed the Suivant button’ this is where it all goes wrong, the GED code is not accepted, it was typed exactly , husband checked it, yes that is the same.

Have been all over the site to find how I can move forward, even went to the laptop and started afresh, with a new GED code, and still same reject.
Have now knotched up about 10 of these GED codes.

Has anyone else been down this avenue .?

Any helpful suggestions

@toryroo may have some indications on that issue…

On my application I entered the reply to the security question in text. Then validated the application. Nothing happened. So I went back and entered a numeric response, and when I validated had a message that the application had already been submitted. But didn’t get any notification by email.

When |I did my husband’s application and validated, I received a green form saying the application was received and there was a green notice with an application number and promise of an email to follow. I didn’t get that with my application.

It’s useful to hear what some folk are tripping over… :thinking:

We can all read/understand things so differently… :frowning:

“it is possible to start an online application and finalise it later. To do so, you will need to click on the tracking code located at the top left of the page to exit the procedure. You have 20 days to complete your procedure. After this period, the data entered will be automatically deleted.”

did you try to Resume your Application… which should stay good for 20 days…

sounds more as if you tried to re-apply…

let’s hope this is an easy one to sort out… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stella,

I just left the page live so to speak, returned awhile later, and it had gone, it was no more!
Even thoughI had the GED, so I started from the beginning. NewGED, took note of, and then filled in the form entered the code, et voila , not accepted, so what to do, have searched to avail, will try my local Mairie, you never know they may have the answer or know someone who does.

at worst… after 20 days it will blank your info… and you can start again… :thinking: :roll_eyes:

This is certainly a learning curve… thanks for the feedback, especially from those who have experienced hiccups…

Seems an idea to get the necessary docs prepared into the approved format and size… then settle down to work on through the site… without stopping…
and reading everything carefully before pushing any buttons…

mmm… my Brit pals are waiting patiently… hoping to learn of the possible pitfalls, from the experiences of those who tackle the Site today…

1 Like

Good that the French Government has got its act together on how we confirm out right to reside.

Now need to find out whether our dossiers rouges prioritaires the prefecture accepted last autumn have been automatically transfered.

The other thing is when the French government is going to issue the damn Cartes de Sejour, so far they have only said they will issue them before the end of June next year when they become compulsory!

I think you will find, they have said they will be shortly issuing cards for those who applied using the special online portal last year…

However, such folk do have to provide a photo and fingerprints… after which it should be plain sailing…

I forgot about the GED code and didn’t record either time. It was mentioned in our confirmation emails as being distinct from the code at the end of the process. Just hope we don’t need it as it is gone now.

What does GED mean anyway?

I also was alone between the 2 of us in being given a numeracy test.

I’m sure you’ll be alright… you’ve got your email…

I haven’t heard of this happening before. I will see if I can find anything out and get back.

It depends if you did it on the no deal portal or directly with the prefecture:
From Saisine des services de l'Etat par voie électronique - BREXIT - Closing of the online residence permit request service for British citizens residing in France
If you have already applied for a Brexit residence permit without agreement, between 9 October 2019 and 31 January 2020, you do not need to reapply online. Your application has been considered and will be processed by the prefecture before the obligation to hold a residence permit is enforceable against you.

If you applied any other way then you need to reapply. From the FAQ:

*I recently applied for a residence permit at the Prefecture but I have not yet received my document. Do I have to re-apply within the framework of BREXIT? *
Yes. You must re-apply online.

1 Like

Didn’t apply using the special portal.

As I said we applied to the prefecture in person and were told that our dossiers was “rouges, prioritaires” that is why we will be chasing the prefecture.

The answer to my other question is still unknown.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?