CdSejour On-line Portal, Info & Flow Chart 19 October '20 onwards

If you have already given finger prints then I think next thing you know will be the post man knocking for you to sign. I got my CDS this week after applying on the 19/10, having my interview etc. As far as I know they are just working through in order. As Jane said Perigueux is probably the speediest prefecture, they have finished the back log of the ‘no deal’ applications and are steadily working through the new applications your’s in theory will just be in the line for the cards.

Incidentally, I have been contacted, locally, by Brits worried about going to Perigueux for the CdS appointment… worried about covid…

and I can understand their fears, since many are elderly and taking great care of themselves.

However, I am happy to advise them (and anyone) that the clerks disinfected their hands, and their work station… in between clients. Pen, desk, fingerprint machine, chair… everything was well wiped down .

the seated waiting area is well spaced and gel is available… of course everyone is masked.

Appointment takes about 10 minutes so there is no long, hanging around, or mixing with other folk… you can literally wait outside in the open air (so long as they know you have arrived…)

I am sure other Prefectures will be making similar arrangements.
No-one wants the staff or the clients to be put in any danger… :wink: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I do wish I hadn’t read the posts about the holiday home owner. Very distressing, especially in view of the fact that, although I have been here for 5 years, my current (temporary) CdS has an arrival date of Nov 2016 on it and therefore I can only apply for another temporary card.

It’s my fault as I had been advised at that point that fiscal residence and physical residence needed to be the same, so I gave the Nov 2016 date as being the point at which I was no longer paid by a UK company and was properly fiscally resident in France. If I hadn’t got the EU CdS, I could now apply for a permanent card easily. I am trying to decide what to do and keep changing my mind. The easiest thing, I suppose, is to go with the date the Prefecture already has, apply for the temporary card and reapply in November… sigh…

I don’t expect anyone to come up with solutions, I am just having a bit of a whinge, I suppose, so please feel free to ignore me :smiley:

1 Like

I am a firm believer that what goes around comes around…so you did the right thing to use the date when you became fiscally resident. Don’t think of your card as temporary, but just as next 5 years. Even the 10 years cards need to be renewed. You may find the préfectures are really not interested in exchanging yours before your 5 years are up anyway!

I am hoping that all those holiday home owners and under the radar people will at some point in the future have to answer some probing questions about their fiscal history, and perhaps even get penalised or get their cards withdrawn. Not abiding by rules like declaring your taxes here is a reason to have it annulled. And I think a good percentage of these people have no intention of swapping their tax affairs here.

5 Likes

Except that everyone already Resident in France, is being told to apply before end June 2021 (?)… I think waiting until the full 5 years is up (Nov 2021)… might be too late in the scheme of things.

Applying to exchange the CdS now (before end of June 2021) is straightforward enough… and one can relax and breathe a sigh of relief…

I know of others doing just that… phew…

Thank you Jane - that is reassuring. Like most people on here, I am trying to do the right thing but don’t necessarily succeed :smiley:

1 Like

That’s not what Angela is saying I believe. She plans to get her new WA card, but then NEXT November when she has been here fiscally for 5 years ask for the 5 year withdrawal agreement card to be replaced with a 10 year one.

1 Like

Thank you @Stella . I was planning on applying now and then seeing what the Prefecture said about renewing it. I’m unclear as to whether the new 5 years would start from Nov 2016 or from now. I think Jane was referring to the new card - i.e. if I get a new one now the Prefecture won’t want to give me a 10 year one come November…

1 Like

Snap! That’s it, Jane!

2 Likes

Excellent, @AngelaR

Excellent @JaneJones

I think we’re on a roll… :+1: :+1:

Lot-et-Garonne prefecture has finally woken up. First communication from them today - an email to say they are going to email us!
I’m not holding my breath.
I think Roger you’ll find Perigueux is a lot speedier than Agen!

Our CdS cards have just arrived! :smile:

8 Likes

Congratulations! I guess one day we’ll get ours…

I think it’s down to the workload capacity of the individual prefecture, here in the Charente Maritime they seem to have made a big effort to get through the applications as quickly as possible which we’re grateful for although we do know several couples who’ve applied but not had a rdv yet.

I think here there are so few that they haven’t yet got round to reading the manual to work out what they are supposed to do. When we first got our CdS’s there was much discussion as they had never done a EU one before.

I remain confident that they will get round to us eventually, so am trying not to fall into paranoia.

We’re still waiting for a rdv but I’m fairly sure that Manche prefecture, while having a large number of Brits here, hasn’t had any extra staff so I think it’s going to be a long wait. If anyone from dept 50 has had a rdv, please do say!

Our holiday home clients now have their CdS’s, have they broken the law or merely bent it?

Depends if they use it or not…if they stick to 90 days in 180 then no problem.

But I wonder if they will find a letter from the tax man appearing on their doorstep one day? Do they rent their holiday home at all?

They fully intend to be here for months at a time, they also rent the house out.

Well if they rent then presumably they are registered for tax here, so maybe questions will be asked eventually. Hope so.