CdSejour On-line Portal, Info & Flow Chart 19 October '20 onwards

And we are still waiting to be called though we are only in an area with 1% of the population.

1 Like

But the issue will be what other applications they have from other TCNs? If your area doesn’t have much immigration, so not much staff time allocated for this then even an extra 1% will be a stretch. That could be up to 5,000 applications to process, although probably much less (saône et loire pop is around 1/2 mill)

Reading some reports in the media about Brits having problems in Spain and even being deported (permanent residents, not 2nd home owners) makes me ask if any issues are being reported in France, particularly as the 90 day continual residency limit is fast approaching?
Also I know we have to have applied for WDA CdeS by 30th of June and have got them by end of Oct,(?) we applied in early Jan dept 22 and have nothing more than the official acknowledgement.
What will happen if we get no initial response until June and due to having to answer supplementary questions and slow bureaucray (aka driving
license fiasco) we haven’t got it by the cut off date…on the next Brittamy ferry from Roscoff maybe :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Where did that map come from?

The official acknowledgement includes an attestation which you should carry with if if you need to cross borders. This should demonstrate that you are (about to become) a French resident and the 90 day rule etc is not applicable to you.

1 Like

I’ll second that, Brian. A great many of us, certainly many of the ones I know about in Northern France are in exactly the same situation. The attestation we received on applying is our official statement that our residency is in progress. As my own department seems to be doing the 10 year permits first and then the 5 year ones, I doubt if I will hear anything much before June. It’s all in hand @strudball

I know all that…but what happens if by 30 Oct no card has arrived…through no fault of the applicant

I hope you receive your titre de sejour soon, Angela.

If it helps with timescale, here in 86, I applied on October 19, was interviewed in the first week of January, and my card arrived mid-March.

I have no idea - but the system does seem to be working well. It is a shame that there is no way of checking one’s place in the queue, but any such system would probably require on manual intervention which would slow the process.

I hope you have some good news soon.
Brian

Well at least you won’t get hit by an asteroid…apparently

Insee, so it’s official although a little dated now as it is based on the last census and misses all those living here under the radar.
https://www.insee.fr/fr/statistiques/4632406#:~:text=Les%20Britanniques%20se%20concentrent%20particuli%C3%A8rement,200%20et%2024%20900%20personnes)..)

The préfectures are confident that they will have issued them all. They have 4 months from the closing date of applications to do so, so eminently doable. There’s enough in the world to worry about now, without fretting about things that are unlikely to haplen.

1 Like

It is actually the 1st of October that you need to have your card by. The prefectures know they have this deadline and are working towards that. They are all doing thing differently, some in order, others by alphabetical order, and now I hear by 10 year / 5 years!

Try not to worry!

Says there are 86,000 second home owners…so my guess is that a good proportion of those will be the under the radar community. Making maybe 200,000 ex-UK people here?

Presumably we’ll know in October when all the cards have been issued.

1 Like

Do we know how many applications there have been so far?

Did they say at Embassy Outreach event in March? The one in Feb said 90,000.

I don’t think so - just checked my notes and there doesn’t seem to have been a mention of it. I’m curious though, given what we hear about people going back to the UK, perhaps because they’ve received poor information…

This upsets me soooo much! I’ve been having ‘discussions’ elsewhere with someone who jut wont’ accept the health thing (even though been told it was confirmed twice at the embassy events) and they have been going around telling people they are illegal etc :sleepy:

Applied for our (new) CsSejours on 18/10/2020.

Received emails on 26/02/2021 informing us that our cards were being prepared.

Today (02/04/2021) our (5 year) cards arrived via registered mail.

No requirement to visit the prefecture to sign anything or to have our fingerprints taken
(probably because we have already done this when we applied for our previous CdS).

BTW - we live in 16 Charente.

5 Likes

That’s excellent news, Nigel! I’m still waiting to hear about mine (50) but it will get there…