CdSejour On-line Portal, Info & Flow Chart 19 October '20 onwards

Look on it as karma. They will have plenty of time to balance that out with dealing with the many parts of French admin later.

1 Like

I was trying to hold out until mid June 2021 when I will have lived here for 5 years but got the heeby-jeebies and applied mid may 2021…(it’s taken from date of submission)

A week later got an email from local prefecture for further info as one of my justificants was bad…

Resent it to her directly and have an appt next week…so a month in total from application to rendez-vous…

In the box where it said about further information about personal situation I said that I have Border Collies and one is only 10 months old (at the time) and that I would prefer an afternoon appt as I will need to take them for a walk and get them settled before leaving them to drive to Vannes…my appt is just after lunch so I’m glad I mentioned it :grinning:

(It will be the longest length of time I have left my pup since he arrived here last year…I’m hoping he doesn’t bark the whole time I’m gone but needs must)

If you’ve got a month until the appointment then plenty of time to train pup to be alone. As you probably know the worst thing for a border is to change things suddenly as they are so intelligent it perturbs them.

We did the classic approach with current and previous one. Not making any kind of fuss and just walking out and leaving them. First for 5 minutes, then day by day increasing it. He’s now totally calm when we get ready to go out, and just curls up in his box.

4 Likes

Are the 5 years to have been here whole calendar years or 5 anniversaries back from your date of application (or the day before)

They don’t have to be consecutive, but 5 x 12 month periods where you have been resident in France for more days than elsewhere, and have done tax returns etc to be a proper legal resident.

Finally got an email from Préfecture 63 this morning informing me that I would be sent my new 10 year card in the post. No request to hand in the old EU one.
Others we know who had applied for the first time via the No-deal website got their invitation emails for fingerprinting this morning. There seems to be a 2 month delay between email and appointment date (end of August for people we know).

Still waiting for the email invitation for my wife to go and register her fingerprints. Hopefully prefecture not cutting it too fine.

1 Like

@RicePudding They have until October to issue the cards. The deadline at the end of this month is just to apply.

1 Like

It must have been how I explained it…my appt is on Friday…:grimacing:

Since he arrived I have hardly left the house…Since Christmas I have left him for one vet appt for one of my oldies and several half hour trips to take my recycling…

Yep agree any changes really perturb them and even the trip over here would have been a big upheaval which I’m really sensitive to…his puppy crate which is still up was abandoned months ago…

He’s settled really well though…he’s really comical and sticks like glue…follows me everywhere and loves a cuddle…

When I have left briefly I’ve took the risk of leaving them all together but as I’m going to be away for at least 3 hours I’m feeling like I should seperate him from my oldies…for all their sakes…

I’ve made a point of leaving briefly numerous times without making any fuss…(I always used to leave treats for my other two before leaving)…I listen from outside and he cries for a few seconds and that’s all and is always in exactly the same position when I get back and even though I’ve only been gone 5 minutes you would think I’d been gone for hours…

Thankyou for the reply…I’m probably fretting for no reason :grimacing:

An hour today, two hours tomorrow…it sounds as if he has settled well so all should be well.

But I get the concern…there are a few things we have yet to do as would mean leaving ours too long. And although a neighbour would pop over we don’t trust her quite enough!

1 Like

Just had a hand delivered envelope from our mairie, enclosing a letter (see photo) from Préfect telling us to get a CdS and explaining how. Also pointing out if you have mobility of health problems these can be sorted.

Quite amazed at the effort they are going to! Well done France for seeking out Brits in the nooks and crannies of rural France.

6 Likes

We applied in Cotes D’Armor in mid Dec ’ and have heard diddly Squat. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

you’ve passed the 4 months ago submission point after which (and not before) the British Embassy said you could get in touch.

I would contact your Prefecture to politely ask is there anything further they require from you. After checking any latest general info about delays on their website. Your real reason of course being just in case they’ve lost your application.

Well the ordeal is over for now and now I’m just waiting for my residents permit to be posted out to me…I think it will be a 5 year one even though in 10 days time I will have been here 5 years…

I was fretting about my border collies from the moment I locked my front door to the moment I got home…

Drive was fairly peaceful although the sat nav in my car was suddenly dead and I had to rely on my 5 year old U.K Tom Tom to get me there…Flashing neon lights everywhere on entering vannes…masques obligitaire…! coronavirus crisis sanitiaire…! .I felt overwhelmed…route barre and difficult to park…left me with 20 minutes to spare so in hindsight glad I set out ridiculously early

Temperature taken on entry 36.3 although I was roasting having walked up a hill I didn’t need to walk up and on descent I realised I had walked straight past where I needed to be

I felt that there were many as pissed off as I am…

One strange thing I’ve realised is that I can’t hear properly with a mask on…don’t know what’s that all about lol

2 Likes

I checked the site on Thursday and it says they are processing December applications now.

It’s odd, but I agree! I think it’s because I instinctively must do some lip reading…even tho’ I am not deaf.

But good that it’s done.

1 Like

I checked too and had already informed @strudball on another thread where he said the same thing, substantially before the post you replied to. I am wondering, John, whether you aren’t picking up/seeing notifications of replies to your posts?

1 Like

It’s well strange…I felt like my ears were underwater lol…I was tilting my head to one side and pointing at my ear :grinning:

Here’s the pupster with his latest new toys just to prove he survived it all :grinning:

3 Likes

do my best…but lots of posts to read

Update if you are in Nice pref area
https://www.alpes-maritimes.gouv.fr/Demarches-administratives/Immigration-et-integration/Titres-de-sejour-et-documents-de-voyage/Brexit2/Brexit

Got my card in the post today by registered letter, 17 days after the email from the Prefecture (63). Mine was a simple swap for a previously renewed (and not expired) 10 year EU card.

My wife’s first appointment is in September.

2 Likes