Certificate of Conformity problem

That’s all very well but will it help you to register your van in France? I believe that you need the equivalent from Mercedes France.

that should be good news, as the non-EU builds (of any vehicle) give the most problems when trying to Register here…

It’s not where the vehicle was made that counts, it’s how it’s specified. Vehicles built anywhere for sale in the EU are fine, it’s vehicles that are built for other markets, e.g. the USA or Japan, which have subsequently been imported that cause problems. A USA spec Harley or a grey import Subaru may appear to be identical to the EU model and might well be straightforward to register in the U.K. but in France, forget it.

fair comment David… my own experiences coloured my reply :wink:

This web page may be useful?

Great news Tim! Did you use Cartaplac in the end?

No because they said if they did it it would take 2 months - no idea why. Going to the prefecture was no problem and the metriculation came in a few days.

I know that it can be a little annoying to have to pay for a C of C but it is a one-off payment. How much did the vehicle owner have to pay EVERY YEAR in road tax when it was in the UK? Provided it is not too new the tax is something which will never have to be paid again which is surely a win?

Quick update, had the coc from ford so just need to get it ct’d and should have all the documents I need… Hopefully! Thanks for all the help Tim !

Hi Charlie, I have a 2007 ford transit, but finding it hard to get the cic, can you tell me where you got yours?

If you have a Transit van (N.1.) manufactured before 2011 you will not get an EU coc because they were not required until then. Some manufacturers did start a little earlier but not that early.
What you need is an attestation of national conformity from Ford France.

2 Likes