Cheaper petrol

Fixed that for you :wink:

1 Like

For the workers…

Odd if it is. A] Macron said the subsidy would come off ‘in mid-November’. B] The price of oil has increased in the past 3 days.

Eh?! Diesel hasn’t been cheaper than petrol for ages. It used to be, by mikes, in FR, ES, IT and elsewhere but for some time now - 10 years? - it’s been priced significantly higher than petrol because of the perceived increase in pollution of diesel over petrol.

I bought my first diesel vehicle in about 2000. The price of diesel in UK had already overtaken petrol.

That is vaguest ID of a car I have ever seen. A photo would have got us petrol-heads debating …

I remember the g/f and her pal spotting a car parked in the street.

“Oh look! X must be in town!” Me and the pal’s b/f looked at each other in the way blokes do when women have said something dopey about cars.

“It is neither the model nor indeed make of X’s car”

But it’s the same shade of blue!

A barrel of crude oil has been around 80$ , for over2 weeks but the price at the pump is still reflecting 100$ a barrel .

I bet it was a DS…

It was always cheaper in France until earlier this year

1 Like

Thank you, looks like I’ll be eligible!

1 Like

My guess too but you never know. Traction Avant? Some form of Bugatti? ( The Atlantique … Swoon). Facel Vega?

Now you’re talking :grin:

Or an SM… and we know that’s not what some might think I’m talking about…

2 Likes

I nearly bought one of those in about 1997 but the fragility of the engine scared me off. So I kept my long wheelbase CX Prestige instead. Unfortunately it was destroyed by mice a few years later.

My late stepfather had a CX Prestige about forty years ago and said it was the best car he’d ever owned (tho it was actually his company car).

Re the SM above, believe that anything with large or largish Italian engines is only for those more affluent than myself.

Were they French, Italian, or English anti-EU mice? :slight_smile:

They were English Brexit voting mice. That CX was, Indeed, the best car I ever owned. It was the one that had been on the Earl’s Court Motor Show stand in 1978 and was featured in the brochure. It also featured one day on the BBC traffic news when the alternator failed at the Rainbow Theatre traffic lights in Finsbury Park. (3 lanes to 2 down to 1 thanks to an immobile CX :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: )

1 Like

We had a gold CX GTi 2.4, and that was probably my favourite car of all the vehicles owned. Certainly wasn’t economical or quick, but it was very comfy and handled adequately at speed.

1 Like

I popped into Pamplona yesterday diesel was 1.57 euros here its I.90 the Spanish seem to have come up trumps

Don’t blame you for profiting from cheaper fuel if you had a reason the make the journey…
As far as I can see the French Gov is doing what it can… already helping those on low-incomes with their energy bills and those who need to use a petrol-vehicle to get to work…

not always good to compare countries, since the details rarely correspond fairly…

Indeed.

But why has fuel risen so sharply pf late? I am not the best at keeping up with the news, but it was a shock when I filled up with E85 and had to pay 1.15€, when it seems only a short while ago it was 95c…

Might be an idea for you to look at the News and various information sites (including this forum)… The price of Fuel has been a hot topic…

I believe the last info was that the Fr Gov would be no longer freezing/controlling prices at the pump but giving aid in a different way…

There are at least 2 threads in the Car category