Chimney through baby's bedroom

Just a thought, in the midst of all this.

@Danielle_Robins

You will have the quote and invoice which should clearly show the previous Fitter’s details. If something was not done as it should have been… there will be the 10 Year Insurance (against faulty product or bad workmanship)…

Have you had a word with your own House Insurer… they will surely know a reputable firm… they will not want your house to go up in flames… or the smoke to cause a tragedy…

and here is Google click on the Blue
https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=JLJgWrf9G87LwAKQq6fQDA&q=chauffagiste+gisors&oq=gisors%2C+chauffagiste&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i22i30k1l2.1132.6817.0.10990.21.19.0.0.0.0.505.3375.0j2j9j5-2.13.0…0…1.1.64.psy-ab…8.13.3370.0…0j46j35i39k1j0i46k1j0i20i263k1j0i203k1.0.ihLOf5nmaOc

another link for Trie-Chateau:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Trie-Chateau+chauffagiste&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNuPLQ4uHYAhVSZFAKHXJRBMkQBQgmKAA&biw=1280&bih=891

1 Like

@james do grown adults really need a forum to tell them to ask neighbours to make a recommendation, ask the local Mairie, contact the insurers etc? Really?

What is the difference between asking your neighbours and asking on a forum? You have nothing to add to this discussion so stop adding please.

1 Like

The neighbour could pop round to have a look and give advice based on what he/she can see/smell etc. They may know local installers that could remedy the problem. They may even be able to identify the problem thus when asking an installer for a quote the OP is able to highlight this to the installer thus reducing the possibility of the 20,000 euro quote she is dreading. They may be able to change nappies.

Unfortunately having been on the receiving end of his negativity I feel for them also. unfortunately I dont know anyone in the area but shared it to the facebook group in the hope someone may know someone there.

For some reason a very very small amount of the populace of this planet seems to like to do noting but judge other members.

Hope you find someone I did find this though over 30 cover your are https://www.findatradeinfrance.com/chimney-sweeps-trie-chateau/post_a_job/

@anon54681821

What Facebook page are you talking about ?? silly me… I’ve just found a Survive France FB page… but, no can’t see your post…

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sfnmp the one james is an admin of.

Anway… phew… with a bit of luck @Danielle_Robins is contacting someone… even as we tap, tap…

Hopefully, all will turn out well… :relaxed:

1 Like

yup its definatly there

Oh… that FB Page… I was looking at another… but still having trouble… probably because I am not a Member…

Never mind… let’s hope help arrives…

1 Like

@anon54681821 That’s odd Harry you gave me a like on my post in this thread, you’ve confirmed my thoughts.

1 Like

im sure james will add you lol

1 Like

No need Harry… FB is just for my extended family. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

nope i tried to remove it i was trying to like another post, unfortunately once you like something you cannot unlike it. I have to be more careful in future.

1 Like

I’m very pleased that you have nice neighbours to ask - do you REALLY think that if I had that option I would be on here doing battle with you???

I’m housebound with an 8 week old infant and the few friends we know in town haven’t even been bothered to come and see the baby. Previous requests for small services or advice have gone ignored. Neighbouring houses are either empty or inhabited by very elderly, very suspicious French people, not inclined to open their doors to the ‘foreign people’ in the village. The Mayor is a beetroot farmer who doesn’t give two hoots about anything. We’re very friendly people and our gite thrives but unfortunately the same cannot be said generally for the community round here.

So thank you James, Catherine, Stella , Harry, David Gay and various others who have been nothing but friendly and helpful at ALL times, for any request, no matter how small it may seem to others, but I’m off SFN for good.

Am SICK of being trolled, criticised, judged or belittled every time I come on here for a bit of advice or chat.

No battle with me @Danielle_Robins

Please do not let one small minded troll who cleaary has nothing better to do with his time make you leave the forum. If you read further:

was directed at him.

as you see the rest of the folks are banded together to help where we can.

Change bedrooms. Monitor the CO. Find an expert to check the problem. If the chimney passes through the bedroom I presume that the insert is in the room below, the smoke smell could be entering the bedroom by another route.
The smell of woodsmoke always reminds me of winter trips to my French holiday house before I moved here full time. In those days I would return home and the first morning I woke up in my new surroundings would be aware that all of my clothes stank of woodsmoke. Something that I’d been completely unaware of when in my wood heated home.

1 Like

well said david. Often the smells are just smells, better to get it checked out though.

Thanks, sorry but I really am done and have asked for profile to be deleted. Appreciate your efforts. D