Christmas cheer

Thé first one
mis en bouche bienvenue etc…
Apéritifs from around the globe, différent savours.

The second one
Le seigneur international etc…
foie gras served with different chutneys (deepest apologies to those who don’t eat the foie gras.) and toasts

The third one
Le noyau du monde
This is an egg cooked individually in the oven in little pots,with cream and some secret spices! The egg is runny when served, then little bread soldiers to dip in the egg. (He tested this on me the other day…omg
Delicious

The fourth one
Un interlude
These are oranges the inside of orange has been taken out and the whole skins are frozen, he then makes a sorbet with oranges and alcohol and serves the interlude straight from the freezer
He won’t tell me why it’s Asian yet . Bugger :blush:

The fifth one
Le grande râleuse
Turkey stuffed with chestnuts etc… served with lots of vegetables and a gratin dauphinois.

The sixth one
Les agreeable senteurs de France …
French, English and danish cheeses served with the salad , probably with chicory :leafy_green: as we all love that. Not sure though

The seventh one
Le petit péché mignon
2 homemade buches de noel with elves as decorations on the top.

The eighth one
Ahhhh champagne from champagne region :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

The ninth one
Le saveur authentique
Coffee time. With chocolates (I put my after eights on this one) so British lol lol :joy: and biscuits made by the grandchildren. God help us :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

So there I have now shared our Christmas lunch. Hope all of my children remember they have to leave before 8pm :blush:
Me thinking there will be no time for games this year.
Being together will be great though, even if our time is going to be limited.

May you all enjoy your Christmas time, be happy, be safe and take care
Hugs :hugs:

3 Likes

A farce is also a joke in French. So you are serving a joke :joy::joy::joy::joy:
I totally agree with your mom stuffing is not very nice when on the menu :blush::blush::blush:
Hope you have a lovely Christmas

That’s a coddled egg…I still have my small egg sized ceramic pot with screw top lid that my mum used to make for me on special occasions! (These days the eggs only fill it half way Up?)

Maybe he has put yuzu in the sorbet

School Christmas Dinner last Friday, 18th December …

44 kids (5-8 years)… licked their plates clean …

2 Likes

Great example for the future…high fat, unsustainably farmed produce with a couple of leaves of mâche to pretend that’s a good meal to serve. Sorry but I find that dreadful. Adults can make their own choices but we should not be serving that sort of thing to children. Once children get the taste for high fat it is hard to re-educate taste buds.

1 Like

It would be a shame for anyone to read a menu and assume the worst… :wink:

The food provided by our school canteen has gained awards for it’s content and standards; using only the best quality, local produce… no chemicals etc etc…

Christmas Dinner was delicious, well balanced and nourishing. :hugs: :hugs:

(2 leaves of mâche ??.. you must be joking… there would have been complaints…)

1 Like

I guess you live in another world than mine if two courses of of high fat meat followed by two courses of dairy/high fat chocolate are considered well balanced.

No doubt it was good quality force-fed duck…watch this and see if you feel the same.

1 Like

Jane… I have said elsewhere on this Forum that not all duck farms are the same.

I have no doubt that the duck we enjoyed was absolutely top-notch quality, since I know where it comes from and the great care with which it is raised. :+1:

No doubt the ducks were force fed with great care, with lovely music in the background, and farmers dressed in gaily coloured trousers. There is a reason that foie gras production is banned nearly universally worldwide.

Adults are entirely free to make their own choices as to what they eat. Children eat what adults decide, and to me it is wrong to present this type of food. It is not just the foie gras that shocks me about this menu.

1 Like

I think I must live in another world… since my meal was not at all like the one you describe… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: truly , it was delicious .

1 Like

But it was!

You can produce ethical foie gras, I know of one farm in Spain that does so but it is hugely expensive and I just don’t believe that a primary school budget would stretch to that?

But Jane’s points about the composition of the menu are absolutely correct. Sure, if it’s a one off it is probably not the end of the world (and yes, it’s Christmas thus the season of Quality Street…) but no one can possibly argue that that is a well balanced and healthy menu!

2 Likes

Seriously ? My children would have loved this Christmas lunch.
I started this as a good Christmas cheer, I don’t eat fish, if you guys had put fish on your menu, I seriously would not have mentors the conditions that fish are caught and subsequently treated?
Come on respect others in choices of food and eating habits .
Let’s make this a light Christmas cheer group and let freedom of choice be an advantage.
If the choices do not please then go on another topic, I do this often lol lol :joy:
Once again happy Christmas to you all :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::blush::kissing_heart::blush::kissing_heart:

5 Likes

I’m sure one naughty but nice meal a year will not affect the children greatly over the coming years

2 Likes

Absolutely, these are French children. Bought up on these products. Until they grow older and decide for themselves .
Good parents will respect their choices :blush:
Good food produced in schools like that are in my opinion perfect.
Traditional Christmas lunch.
What memories for them.
Although 40 years ago they may have had a very small glass of wine with lunch, see… we have improved :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

WoW :open_mouth: how lovely to have those
Beautiful memories I am sure.
When this season is over I would like to send you his recipe for the eggs. Maybe you can do something to fill them up.
I can’t send now as I don’t really know everything lol lol :joy:
Secret chef .
Most people have a secret Santa :santa:
I got the secret chef :woman_cook:
Lol lol :joy:

I wouldn’t want folk to think the kids just stuffed themselves… the food was carefully portioned according to its content…
eg: foie gras “taster” and a larger helping of figs…

Adults got the full whammy… :wink: and the wine…

1 Like

Our four never complained about school dinners here especially the youngest who’s an absolute gannet, the menu looks like the typical end of term Christmas lunch and being Brits it would probably have been their first taste of foie gras.

Can someone please take that stupid hat off my avatar, I hate Christmas!

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just love your hat :joy::joy::wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass:

1 Like