Cleaning my wood burner

Nothing wrong with Le Figaro!

Then again if you had good woodburners instead of Invicta’s you may well be writing something different.

Well it’s a mute point John as I now live in a house with central heating !
I was perfectly happy with my Invictas though, had them for many yaers and the new owners liked them too :slight_smile:

I’m not quite sure what you mean. I have a very highly rated woodburner but it still needs cleaning out each day, fine wood ash still gets into the room when the door is opened to do so and the ash removed and the glass needs the occasional wipe. I love the look of the living fire and the heat it provides and am prepared to put up with the minor inconvenience. If it annoyed me I’d do what I’ve done in my kitchen where I’ve replaced the wood burning cuisinière with an all electric equivalent.

The better the combustion the less cleaning. Some only need a clean weekly or 2 weekly. Ann’s posts sound like a positive recommendation for Invicta’s. I feel differently and witness the in-laws Invicta’s compared to other fires which are so much better in the reduction in fuel and cleaning.

My Jotul has the glass cleaned once a week and ash removed every 2-3 weeks. Don’t seem to get much ash in the room at all. The only thing that makes any mess is me loading it up.

1 Like

For the budget I had the Invictas suited me fine, they are still going strong apparently !

Agreed, for the price point they are ok.

Thanks Chris for illustrating my point.

You don’t need much though - I clean mine about once a week in periods of heavy use - it probably amounts to about a newspaper a year!

I must remember to buy a newspaper in 2019.

How does that illustrate your point?

Hi All,

I just tried using the ash technique. It worked about the same as the spray, so as it’s obviously an more environmentally friendly I’ll do it that way in future.

Thanks again for the tips, I clean my glass window daily so it makes a difference.

I also bought an ash Hoover. It makes cleaning the inside effortless.

Happy New Year!

Nigel

1 Like

Well it’s obviously the ladies in the house who clean all the fine ash from the furniture as it appears that you men don’t notice it :wink:
Waiting for the replies … :dizzy_face::cold_sweat:

What happens in the case of same sex couples?

Here’s my woodburner, cleaning aside I love it!

It was a tongue in the cheek remark aimed at certain people ( some men) who don’t appear to have any ash in their room when they charge or clean their fire !
It was suggested that this might occur if one has an inferior ( maybe Invicta) model, whereas I do know from many years of experience that all wood fires, whatever price paid, or model, do all send fine deposits of ash into a room…

1 Like

Well I suppose they take it in turn John !

I blame the low sun. The sunlight at this time of year shows the cobwebs and dust in a way that never happens in midsummer.

1 Like