Collectors?

Do you collect items (dust collectors), I cann’t resist models, lead soldiers, cars, bronzes and because I am ‘Libra’, interesting balances, and brasses, bit sad for some folk I’m sure, but I enjoy them :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

toys%20001

1 Like

toys%20002

1 Like

toys%20003

1 Like

toys%20005

2 Likes

toys%20004

2 Likes

toys%20006

1 Like

The Ships are some of the ones I’ve made.

Hi Bill - Used to collect golf balls bearing a logo - that was when we could play a bit - Unfortunately the golf has got so bad l’ve had to snaffle (don’t you love that word) some for my own use. Also an unwitting collector of Wine corks - Used to throw them in a big glass jar as a bit of decoration - Daughter told me that cork collecting is a ‘thing’ so l guess l am a budding. aficionado of the humble bouchon.

1 Like

Good exercise wandering round collecting golf balls Dan, I should try it, good exercise after my hip relacement, we tend to throw champagne corks, following a celebration into a drawer :grin:

I practice Lithotherapy for myself and friends so I have a collection of stones and crystals. Most of them are now behind glass to avoid dust :slight_smile:

1 Like

I keep looking out for suitable glass cases for my junk Ann :roll_eyes:

Yes it is a problem. I took the wooden shelves out of an old cabinet, replaced them with glass cut to size from Bricomarché and then put one of those stick on LED lights on the inside, works a treat :slight_smile:

Good idea Ann, will give that a good ‘thinking about’ :thinking:

The people we bought this house from had knocked through from the lounge to a bedroom to make an L shaped lounge. They left the old doorway, without door and it looked ugly. I removed all the wooden support door support, replaced it with MDF and the put glass shelves across it. Looks really effective and lets the light shine through from both areas. Great for putting ceramics because you can see through from both sides.Sort of floating shelves, a bit of a dust trap but then once a month, or so, I whip a duster around :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is an old photo,maybe you can see what I mean ?

2 Likes

Very effective Ann, if i had known what I would get into, when I converted this place (cowhouse barn previously) I could have made some good, glass fronted display cabinets in a wall, there is a void behind it, at one end of the place, not getting into that now though :roll_eyes:

Yes Bill, hindsight is a wonderful thing isn’t it ! :wink:

1 Like

Mmmmmmmmmmmm :roll_eyes:

I collect cookery books, knitting patterns and wool.

1 Like