Extracting by hand is 'fun' but it works. Take the caps of the cells, if they are flat enough simply slice the lot off. Then into muslin bags and squeeze like hell into a large funnel into pots. I originally had some bags that were made for a bee keeper's father that he had a surplus of.
I have had a cheap three frame manual and later a cheap, then nearly £200, four frame electric. With cleaning after use, then preparing by re-cleaning and sterilising for use, it takes longer than the actual extraction. I rented from our association but going to collect, cleaning and returning and gambling on weather allowing me to harvest took more time than manual. The first required a lot of effort but mashed the combs which locked the gate valves and the latter which was where I got to know the cleaning and preparation pitfalls and total waste of time to basically gain a tiny bit of honey.
I put my bags on something like a roasting spit. I have a large funnel into jars directly. I then have two pieces of square baton, 12x12 or 15x15, either side of the top of the bag, bound by strong elastic bands, I twist spirally, bringing the batons increasingly downward and allowing the honey to run into the funnel. The muslin means that sieving is not really necessary. This method smashes up the combs, but then we melt them down to make candle wax that smells like honey when they burn.
With only a few hives the difference in wastage is minimal since using an extractor does not extract everything anyway. It is simply quicker by the frame.