Complémentaire santé refusal for British with 10 year CdS?

No medication prescribed……….so far :woozy_face:

Ameli sent us a form to be completed/signed by our Doc… and returned to them…
if they’ve not sent you one… perhaps it can be downloaded… someone will know…

EDIT just seen, it can be done online

1 Like

Thanks to all who very kindly took the time to respond, as it’s managed to get me another step closer to being 100% sorted out with all the French workings :grin::grin: it all takes time, but getting there, and now just imagining all the free time available once it’s all done :grin::grin::grin::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

I know it would probably be a significant excercise, but wouldn’t it be great if there was some form of written guide to all the ‘setting up process’ for starting to live in France. A type of no-nonsense and no waffle ‘dummies guide’. Something that captures all the ‘essential’ blocks yo step through and follow. Instead, it seems like everyone steps through the same questions, research, head scratching………

I don’t know which departments were involved. Several, some were refused and in others succeeded. Seems as if there is some confusion.

No, no tenant so far. When the previous tenant moved out the house was saturated with condensation. We’ve had a dehumidifier running for 6 weeks!

Decided to instal additional insulation, which is being done now, and then under new regulations introduced by the mayor we need an inspection (which we have to pay for) to ensure the property is ‘dignified for occupation’. Once we have that it has to be submitted to the mayor in order to receive a ‘permis de louer’. By the time it’s all done it will probably be August and everybody will be on holiday!

Before we started the work we had several viewers but they were put off by the condensation. We had one viewer who, knowing there was no garden, no courtyard, no outside space, turned up (with a large black dog and a real, genuine pygmy) and asked where he could keep his chickens and plant his 12 rose bushes.

The previous tenant who was forced to leave due to pressure from the mayor who wanted the family out of town has found a new rental property 50 metres away. So the problem has not gone away for the mayor, it’s just moved a short distance. :slight_smile:

There are guides to be found… the French government sites will send you in the right directions for virtually everything… eventually… :rofl:

and, newbies in France can find information on this forum… just have to look.

1 Like

I was thinking of you the other day… as I walked by one of our “council-houses” where the tenant has her laundry pegged on a mobile airer and parked on the pavement by her steps… (and no-one makes any complaints)

Your Maire has a lot to answer for, but perhaps in this instance he did you a favour… It seems your house was not the right property for that tenant… prolonged dampness might have permanently damaged the property, with horrendous repercussions for you.

I do hope things come round and you do get reliable tenants…

best of luck

1 Like

I think there’s an absolute raft of info out there, for sure, but think think it’s very often a case of what you don’t know, you’re not aware of, and hence you’re not looking for it. For sure SF has been an absolute blessing for me, but for some things, I’ve only realised something’s missing after I’ve read a thread and thought, ummmmm, should I have that, or do that etc. I think some form of concise guide would for sure save folks an enormous amount of time and effort in research time :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

Living in France - GOV.UK this is a good place to start… for folk coming from UK

these cover about everything one way or another… as well as the discussions on the forum.

I am very intrigued by this. What a real genuine pygmy from Africa? A less than 1m50 tall tribal person? What was their relationship to the potential tenant? Isn’t it a bit off to refer to them as ‘a pygmy’ and talk about them as an afterthought to the dog as if they have no agency?

2 Likes

you made me choke on my tea… :rofl: :rofl:

An actual tiny little African gentleman, apparently the partner of the very large gentleman who was the instigator of the viewing. And it was the actual tiny little African gentleman who was holding the very large black dog. One of the strangest couples I’ve come across.

1 Like

Thanks.

Her departure may well have been in the long-term interests of the property, but it has backfired on the mayor because where she is living now is a larger property, so one of her troublesome brothers is living there, and the mother and other brother seem to be there every day. The mother keeps imploring me to rent the house to her, but she would face the same problems as her daughter.

It’s all very sad. The two boys both have mental issues and the mother isn’t able to control them.

Oh dear. With those kids, it would really be useful if the Maire is sympathetic, as the Mum will need all the help she can get… so sad that yours seems to be the reverse.

The 70% is if you see your nominated doctor. I believe that there is a lower reimbursement if you consult a different médecin généraliste

1 Like

Wow it’s like the start of a fairy tale! How marvellous :grin:

4 Likes

And after checking the charge on Ameli, as per earlier input, I’ve seen that the reduced reimbursement as they note I saw a generaliste, so will now be making sure that I’m registered properly :+1:

I do undertand the mayor’s point of view in that the residents of the town are really fed up with the behaviour of the two boys - stealing, exposing themselves, harrassing people, attempted break-ins. And there are other family members who gather in the streets drinking and chucking their beer cans everywhere. There is noise late into the night.

The mother cannot handle the situation. Her husband died of Covid last year and she’s left trying to cope and clearly not managing. As a woman without a man to support her, and being from a ‘different’ background, she’s up against it. I don’t think they want any interference from social services. I did suggest it to our tenant, that she could have help to learn to read and write, and she wasn’t interested.

If it wasn’t for the two little girls, the family would be better off moving to a more remote area, but their mother is determined they should have an education, which is why she wants to stay in the town. And while she’s in the town, the rest of the family and friends will always be around.

1 Like

Not sure that is possible. For everything there are multiple permutations depending on your situation (working, inactive under pension age, self employed, etc) and quite a few things that have hanged and will continue to change. So not a simple task to develop and keep up to date.

And anyway, the process of finding out is invaluable for understanding how a country works! One reason I so dislike hand-holders is that they stop people engaging their own brains (and many of them steer people wrong as well)

2 Likes

But not on Survive France, surely! And you are a wonderful hand holder. :grin:

1 Like