Coronavirus - Download travel attestation - updated form

That seems contrary to EU advice from Mme von der Leyen:

Long-term residents, family members of EU nationals, diplomats and those on the frontline of dealing with the crisis would be exempt.

and

The UK’s Foreign Office said the UK is not included in the closure and told Britons in mainland Europe to continually monitor travel advice as it is changing rapidly.

From what I read, this does not cover people from UK on holiday in EU states.

It seems strange that the french class boulangeries and the tabac as essential shops to stay open.
You can write the attestation with your purpose for been out on it.
I think in rural areas you won’t have checks as lots of cars around today, but in towns there may be spot checks.

quote from tonight’s News… the first Fines will be dished out from Wednesday…

La plupart des automobilistes avaient bien prévu[ leur attestation de déplacement]. Mais d’autres non. Alors les policiers ont gardé le sourire et expliqué qu’il ne faudrait pas tarder à l’imprimer. Les premières amendes pourraient tomber dès mercredi.

Woild be interested what you consider more essential than basic foodstuffs such as bread?
We did tabacs in another thread.

Don’t suppose @barrie_wildsmith will be interested in this reference as it goes against his argument…

1 Like

Plenty of gendarmes around here, and it is pretty rural - they are used to being out doing spot checks for all sorts of things (I see them on my way to/back from work) and I don’t think they want to hang around getting the checks going. This afternoon 2 people I know were checked locally, but I don’t know how many were on the road in total.

I went out just after 1 this afternoon, armed with my attestation, came across a checkpoint on the way out of our local village. Most people didnt have the paper and were told to go straight home. I went to the supermarket for some quick panic buying :thinking:, the gendarmes were still in place on the way back, and was recognised and waved straight through - result!
Keeping a stack of them in the car, filled one out and copied it, just need to tick, sign and date. Gendarmes told me it should be a fresh attestation for each journey.

3 Likes

My printer has just run out of ink and I’m not sure I can shop for replacements. I shall try, though. At the moment my budget doesn’t stretch to a new set of cartridges. I shall try the Mairie, and perhaps the Mediateque, 'tho I fear it will be shut up. :slightly_frowning_face:

You can write them out by hand.
Might I be so brazen as to enquire if you still have lead in your pencil?

2 Likes

@Peter_Goble On France 24 a Parisian reporter mentioned that he had the attestation on his phone. He wasn’t stopped and asked to produce his papers so he was not able to say whether that would be acceptable.
Novel though.
Fill out the form in pencil and erase old info replacing it with the info required for your next excursion and take a snapshot of it on your phone. Neat!

I’ve downloaded the Attestation & can re-write over it on pdf format easy to put it on a smart phone. No not going out to buy a printer.

1 Like

I like your cheek.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yes, I do. And it’s HH. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Sorry @Peter_Goble I had to look…

1 Like

@graham had to peek at my pencil…

I got the branding wrong, Graham, long time since I looked at it, I just go by how it feels. :hugs:

Has anybody been stopped by the Gendarmes?

Yesterday

2 Likes

this is being talked about on various threads on this forum - and things have been clarified now…

paper… printed or written is the only option…

and France 24 reports that over 500 people have so far been fined for being outside without the correct justification.

hopefully that will make folk stop and think twice before going out… :thinking: :upside_down_face: