Covid winter 2022 + new vaccine - France update

Due to the increase in energy prices, and folks thus having difficulty in affording appropriate warmth at home, I would anticipate that respiratory illness and related hospital treatment is likely to be higher than average this year.

That’s likely to happen anyway, since we had a couple of years with minimal contact and transmission of lurgy around the population.

1 Like

Very true.
Additionally, and most unfortunately in my view, I find that a lot of folk are going back to handshakes and cheek kisses when greeting one another now.
I’m keeping my hands in my pockets, and avoiding the kissing ritual as I have always thought that it is a wonderful way of transferring infection from one person to another.
We all managed without handshakes for a long time, so why not just make the simple infection prevention measures the permanent norm, especially as hand sanitizer is fairly cheap these days.

I think that a lot of people have really missed the physical interaction that was normal before, so it’s likely to re-start unless the drivers against are overwhelming.

2 Likes

Seems Paracetamol supplies are still under pressure and Agence nationale de sécurité du médicament (ANSM) confirmed that amoxicillin is now in short supply and “subject to significant strain in terms of availability in France.

Antibiotics are so important if you have a chest infection or, goodness forbid, worse. I hope everyone stays safe and well over this winter and beyond.

1 Like

I have just managed to avoid a chest infection after a cold.
If I start to make phglem in my lungs, I have to completely stop and rest and keep warm.
I am allergic to penicillin, so take Doxycycline instead.
It is a nuisance to have to do this, but we have proved it works.

5 Likes

At the moment there is quite a lot of winter flu/bronchitis about.
Many folk have been taken to hospital with chest/lung problems… NOT related to covid and NOT included in the covid figures.

I am only reporting on Covid figures… :+1: (I put “whatever” as there are variants of covid)

I’ve started a new thread so folk can discuss flu, bronchitis, chest complaints in general… etc etc.

1 Like

Count yourself lucky, I have had that problem all my life, and not just with a cold. In fact I almost never have a cold, or flu just the bloody catarrh. Sometimes so bad that it clogs my vocal chords making it impossible to speak. Yoghurt pots do not get thrown away in this house until they have fulfilled another purpose. :roll_eyes:

On the plus side I do find that a Fishermans’ Friend has a good effect. :smiley:

2 Likes

Fleetwood reaching out to Europe.
Sorry you have that problem.

Yes available at your nearest Auchan, a very enterprising family firm I believe. :smiley:

Carrefour too.
Started by the wife of the owner of trawlers.

Had my 5th covid and flu vaccinations, fingers crossed.

1 Like

Ours due on the 6th of December. :grinning:

1 Like

Ours due on Friday. Hope the combined jab with Omega in it works well.

Have your masks ready for Transport…