Crit'Air cert

I just realise that I intend to take a car into Toulouse tomorrow that does not have its critair cert. Ordered now online no problem, but I note it is sent via La Poste. I cannot see any way of getting the certificate online from the official critair website.

Does anyone know if proof of purchase using the confirmation email is accepted if I am stopped?

Thanks!

Panic over! I just see shoved away in the faq section that a facsimile of the sticker is emailed within ā€˜aboutā€™ 24 hours, so I might just be okā€¦

Leads me onto another question - how does one delete a post on the forumā€¦?

Itā€™s worth bearing in mind that your question might be useful to someone else, so I suggest you just leave it, even if youā€™ve found the answer yourself. :slight_smile:

Perhaps this could be a useful reminder to folkā€¦ to ā€œget it doneā€ā€¦ :wink:

Itā€™s easy, cheapā€¦ and saves worrying and/or panicā€¦
This is the official siteā€¦

We donā€™t need it here yet, only if you go to the cities concerned which I donā€™t so will wait and see. The European Norme bit is confusing as not mentioned on the carte grise so had to look it up.

I wonder how many Brits are unaware they need one?

If this does/will help anyone, and answer the question - true to their word, an email arrived with a small copy of the vignette,and, confirmation that the email can be used as ā€˜justicatifā€™
Efficient.

3 Likes

Will the vignette fade? All my stickers over the years have faded with the sun and now its even hotter and sunnier down here I wonder if they will suffer the same fate. The only ones that stood the sun were the original vehicle tax vignettes we had to replace every year with a different coloured one.

Weā€™ve had ours since 2017 (?) whenever they first came outā€¦ not faded so far, but we donā€™t park our cars facing the sun if at all possible in any caseā€¦

Probably - I would imagine itā€™s just ordinary commercial printer ink - but at ā‚¬4 a pop itā€™s not too much of a hardship to order a new one.

Iā€™ve had to re-order mine several times - once when I changed cars, once when the UK MOT bloke helpfully removed it from my windscreen (thereā€™s another thread about that!) and also for my motorbike when within 48 hours of me getting it some oik in Slough removed it from the licence holder while I was parked up. :angry: :angry:

Our last car had swiss motorway stickers and a critā€™air sticker that had been on the windscreen for many years and still ok. The swiss ones of course were still perfect. They are slightly plastified which maybe is what saves them.

2 Likes

4 euro a pop today,they will become a cash cow in years to come when every town demandes a sticker.

At ā‚¬4 a pop I think theyā€™re more a cash calf than a cash cow.

3 Likes

I ordered the crit-air sticker 2 hours ago and have just received the printable copy of the sticker, so if you do need the sticker at short notice you donā€™t have to worry about it arriving in time for your travels and the permanent sticker will be at your address when you return. ā‚¬4 is probably only the handling fee to run the service, not the grift called the ULEZ which the UK have to live with.

4 Likes

If you keep the pdf/whatever the printable copy isā€¦ on your computerā€¦ you can print it out, as many times as might be necessaryā€¦ over the life of the carā€¦ eg if the sticker fades???
just thinking aloudā€¦

I am not sure if the printable copy is valid after you have received the new sticker as it says, Le coupon ci-dessous justifie le classement du vĆ©hicule dans lā€™attente de la rĆ©ception du certificat qualitĆ© de lā€™air par courrier. (The coupon below justifies the classification of the vehicle pending receipt of the air quality certificate by mail)

1 Like

Fair enoughā€¦ whatever, itā€™s still good value for moneyā€¦ and peace of mind.

1 Like

For the moment! Its an untapped revene source that will be used as a supplemental tax iin years to come.

2 Likes

You only need the one - it is for all of France
and stays with the car.
It will be at the discretion of each town to set the limits. I.e. only crit air 1 and 2 or up to crit air 4 being allowed.

thereā€™ve been a few interesting discussions/articles about towns allowing their Residents with banned/bad vehicles to take to the roads of their home town for essential travel (eg medical/groceries).
no details at present, just being muted as itā€™s been made clear the Town Residents, who canā€™t afford to upgrade their vehicle, shouldnā€™t be discriminated againstā€¦

1 Like