Curfew in parts of France

Mme la PrĂ©fĂšte announced yesterday that the couvre-feu could be imposed here in the Tarn within the next week to 10 days if things don’t improve.
My nephew had it a week ago, one of my sisters-in-law is recovering at the moment (both in the Aveyron) and one of her sisters (Toulouse) is not good with covid either. Stay safe people, it’s out there, everywhere, and the second wave is gathering pace :frowning:

3 Likes

sorry to hear about your family
 as you say
 it’s out there and it’s not particular on whom it descends
 none of us is immune

take care, keep safe
 everyone

2 Likes

sadly @Stella there are some on this forum who seem to think they are :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

The Prefect of Herault has issued an edict that masks must be worn at all times except in non urbanized areas. I was warned yesterday when out walking in the rural area where I live passing through a hamlet that I should be wearing a mask.
What is an urbanized area? I think it must mean that you should be masked when outside of your home.

“urbain” would probably refer to the confines of a commune, so, within the limits of the roadside signs that indicate the entry into, and exit from, a commune, hamlet, etc.

1 Like

And we can’t see whether they are symptomatic or not.
It is those who go on their way unaware that they are condemning their fellow citizens to illness and possible death that pose the greatest danger.
Another old saw is empty vessels make the most sound.

Looks like the Auvergne may be headed to curfew:

2 Likes

If they imposed a curfew here (23), I honestly don’t think it wouldn’t make any difference to us. I was pondering it today, and I can’t remember the last time I used my car headlights (went out in the dark)
sad

3 Likes

The French departments to be subject to the new curfew measures are:

Ain, Alpes-Maritimes, ArdĂšche, Ardennes, AriĂšge, Aube, Aveyron, Bas-Rhin, Calvados, Corse du Sud, CĂŽte-d’Or, DrĂŽme, Gard, Haute-Corse, Haute-Loire, Haute-Savoie, Haute-Vienne, Hautes-Alpes, Hautes-PyrĂ©nĂ©es, Ille-et-Vilaine, Indre-et-Loire, Jura, Loiret, LozĂšre, Maine-et-Loire, Marne, Meurthe-et-Moselle, Oise, Pas-de-Calais, Puy-de-DĂŽme, PyrĂ©nĂ©es-Atlantiques, PyrĂ©nĂ©es-Orientales, SaĂŽne-et-Loire, Savoie, Tarn, Tarn-et-Garonne, Var, and Vaucluse. Further afield, French Polynesia will also be affected by the curfew.

Well I had a strange feeling the other day and stocked up on groceries. But I can live with the night curfew very well, our activities range from 7:30 until 1700 and there won’t be a problem.

Same for us in 23 also Mark, where on earth would / could one go here after dark!!

Apart for being on holiday at moment, so were looking forward to evenings out and late night dog walking!

(Edit, stopped twice by gendarmes today for not wearing a mask
both times walking dog once on woodland pathway and next alongside a river both with no-one and nothing in sight, but formally within commune boundary. Keep that mask in your pocket at all times)

1 Like

Interesting! This is supposed to last for 6 weeks
could be longer?

Flo and I are supposed to be heading down to the house in Carmaux on the 11th December - she hasn’t seen her parents for 12 months. We will be travelling down in the motorhome - completely isolated from others - and we will be staying at the house where her parents are now staying as they dont like the lack of adherence to the rules in the old folks home!

We will arrive in Calais at around midnight off the boat and we usually travel down as far as Rouen before we stop for the night - well past the curfew hour! Are we likely to be stopped while travelling on the autoroute?

What are the rules on folk travelling ‘after hours’?

I’m really not clear what a curfew will achieve in rural or small town areas of France - maybe large metropolitan areas with high population densities and a busy street nightlife but just walking around outside in a small village after 9pm is not going to be a big Covid risk.

2 Likes

The only things walking around our hamlet after dark are cats and assorted wildlife

No shops open past 8pm

Restaurants in nearest town close at 9pm
1 take away also closes at 9pm

Can’t be any safer

1 Like

Yes, I can’t help thinking that rural France mostly shuts at 9pm anyway so where’s the difference?

1 Like

I picked up the teen from seeing frineds the other day and it was the first time since probably last winter I’d driven in the dark - was very odd. DH picks the teen up from rugby at 9pm so he is out often in the dark. We aren’t under restrictions so guess it is still OK.