Cut and blow dry

Just had a cut and blow dry at my small town hairdressers. Not a fancy brand just an ordinary little salon and I have a short bob so nothing complicated. It cost me £32. That seems a lot to me, particularly as it took less than half an hour from start to finish. I don’t recall paying anything like that in my village coiffeuse in France! Have I got my rose-tinted lunettes on again?!
Izzy x

1 Like

Yup!

Cheapest in my area is €30 for basic cut, €32 for superior, and €35 with brushing. Male starts around @19.

1 Like

About the same then! Are you in a rural area? I recall you are in the mountains in the East I think? Sorry, if that’s wrong. I’m just outside a small town in the East Midlands so wondering if that compares.
Izzy x

I pay £31 for a wash cut ,blow dry / straighten . However it is about an hour

1 Like

Interesting site here…

https://www.starofservice.com/cost-guides/combien-coute-le-service-coiffure

EDIT: must confess, not used the hairdresser since covid (and a bit before that…)
we’re off to Perigueux later today and if Leclerc is still open, I’ll check the tarif posted in their arcade…

1 Like

That suggests my cut & blow dry is a bit expensive but not by much. I have to work half a day to pay for it though!
Izzy x

1 Like

Gone are the days of my youth, when I would gladly pay someone a small fortune (compared to my salary) to make me look glamorous on a Friday night… ready for a wild weekend… :wink:

Here in France, I’ve found salon prices vary depending on location and clientèle.
Pre-covid (and in the sticks) I used to spend anything from 30-75 € for a good cut, mesh/streaks (amazing colours) and a blow-dry… all of which would take ages as my hair is very thick.
but, it’s been a few years… I’m looking forward to shocking the neighbours once again… but not just yet.

1 Like

vanessa pays 11€ for a cut (she goes there with dampened hair) in the next village.
£32 equates at 1.19€/£1 to be a tad short of 40€…
Mine costs me nothing… V does it :wink:

1 Like

The missus informs me that she pays 38€ euros for her brushings, including five minutes in the massage chair after her hair has been washed and a cup of good coffee while it is cut and brushed.

1 Like

I find it’s the extra products, spray, gel etc adds a fair amount, from the basic wash,cut and blow dry. A good cut is more important. :scissors::haircut_woman:

2 Likes

I agree @Lily . Have booked a simple cut next time. They will dampen it with a spray bottle. £15 for that.
Izzy x

1 Like

I believe that vanessa would have to pay more if she has her hair dampened at the salon but as the place is only a few minutes away by car, she does it here before going there…

1 Like

But does that mean she misses out on the wonderful Indian head massage? Best bit. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

she’s my personal hérisson… or wire haired terrier… I’m not sure she would even feel it :laughing:

2 Likes

I used to doze off… so relaxing…

1 Like

Oh, to have a genuine one again, heaven.

3 Likes

I could massage you with my hockey stick… it has an Indian head… :rofl:

3 Likes

I always leave with wet hair. Can’t see the point of drying it with the hairdresser’s electricity when one way or another it will dry anyway.

But I hadn’t thought of arriving with wet hair… which btw is a great way of cooling in this hot weather…hmm.

1 Like

Thawak! Not what I had in mind :joy: Hockey was the only game I did not like ,at school, we all had a few cracks across the ankles!

I loved it… and, of course… anything below the knees was fair game… :wink:

1 Like