Declaring impôts online

Got an email earlier to remind me to declare. Have it all noted down with password etc but no, have tried several times to log on to my personal space with said password which is refused. So went on the bit that says “forgot your password” and they send me a number to put in and to look at message in my personal account doh! How can I do that if I can’t get into it in the first place?? Anyone else having problems?

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you can’t declare before 11th April?

Oh I did not know that, nothing mentioned in the email earlier, just said to declare online but nothing else. Thanks, feel a bit stupid now but if they don’t give the info, how do we know as got better things to do than go searching.

Just read the email again and it says the site is now open for declaration and you may go ahead, nothing about april 11th at all.

That sounds strange - impot would not send a password in an email.

Where did they say to ‘put in the number’ ? Wouldn’t that be entered in the password field - or is the number your tax number / numero fiscal?

I had the same email, you can declare but not for last year’s revenue as that bit opens tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Will wait a few days now before I get started on this.

1 Like

Clearly nobody seems to have told the Impôts that you can file online today! At least for now, 10.45, there is no facility to do so on my online account. Maybe they’ll update things later on…

You all seem to be very keen! I mentioned to the artisan in our house yesterday that I would be doing tax on the 11th and he panicked a bit before realising this was the START of the submission window and told me he always leaves it to the very last moment :smiley:

No need to feel stupid. Don’t know why they sent the email so soon. I want to get mine done in April as I’ve got too much to do in May.

Me too. I’ve logged into our espace particulier and the online return doesn’t appear to be available yet.

A great start…

Quite possibly too many people trying to log-in at the same time… ???
I know that on rare occasions Meteo website has been unable to cope with a sudden surge of people trying to access at the same moment…

W*nkers.

By the way, I think there’s an error in the Connexion tax guide.
On page 60 they’re talking about declaring UK rental income (unfurnished).
I declare under the régime réel so I use form 2044.
They’re telling me to carry the profit from 2044 to the 2047, section 4.
But section 4 in the 2047 form is for « REVENUS FONCIERS IMPOSABLES EN FRANCE ».
UK rental income is not « imposable en France ».
I’ve always carried any profit forward from Form 2044 to Section 6 in 2047:
« REVENUS IMPOSABLES OUVRANT DROIT A UN CRÉDIT D’IMPÔT EGAL A L’IMPÔT FRANÇAIS ».

Thank you. I just like to do things promptly and not until the very last moment. I grew up on the mantra of never putting things off until tomorrow that you can do today!

1 Like

The same thing happened to me and I had to write to ask where the declare online button was. They wrote back and said it was open today. So why send it prior to the day it opens stating it is already open. I bet they were inundated with the same question.

1 Like

But is it available now?
I’ll check later and shout if it is. Unless someone gets in there before me.
Very curious to see if I can manage it just with an iPad this year.

Its now up and running, and I’ve tested it (and me!) by filing our return…

That was quick! Thanks George.