Declaring your Income

Just as a general reminder - online declarations opened on 11 April

Hi we arrived permantly in France last June, have registered as an a&e. Am assuming will need to fill in tax forms? Are they automatically sent out and if so when are they due to arrive or do I have to get them from somewhere?

Yes Vanessa - pop down to your local tax office to pick up your first declarations.

1 Like

Still not feeling overly confident…visit to my bank for a printout of early 2017…, 3 month’s bank statements from that period as I don’t yet have a pc or printer…,discussion about where to declare my income…what boxes…and another appt to discuss home insurance and car insurance to see if she can better what I’m currently paying…I think she’s right but still thinking that another trip to centre des l’impots is on the horizon for next week as she obviously doesn’t want to advise me wrongly…we discussed the Carte Vitale and top up Insurance and she thinks that low income would automatically entitle me to CMU…I told her about the dossier I had already presented at CPAM and no decision as yet…I asked about where or if I should declare “gifts” from my mom…ie birthday money Christmas money…financial assistance as and when she feels I need it…I’ve seen the box for exceptional income but still not sure it’s applicable to my personal circumstances…I have the credentials to declare online and got almost to the end but chickened out of “submit” even though it’s changeable up to the deadline…feeling uncertain still…,should be simple but as yet still feeling it’s not…

I didn’t realise that banks in France help with the completion of tax returns and affiliation to the CPAM? For that matter, do banks in the UK offer equivalent services?

I’m sure they don’t…It was just general conversation…that moment when someone says “is there anything else I can help you with…??? ”…(hence her saying about not advising me wrongly and my further impending trip to the centre des l’impots)… I was also talking about PUMA as in the big cat so that took a bit of to-ing and fro-ing too…x :slight_smile: .

Hi all,
if any one can point me in the right direction please:
After more than 3 yrs I have finally been re-imbursed and compensated for a car accident I was involved in.
It’s not ‘income’ but do i declare all or part?
Thanks

Hi - generally not as such payments are considered as ‘dommages-intérêts’ unless they run into the hundreds of thousands…:-). Just make sure that your particular payout falls into this category.

Hi - thank-you Simon, hopefully it is “'dommages-interets” as the compensation part is not much. Happy to finally have my medical costs reimbursed, car was still english registered and insured at the time.

1 Like

Just had the email to tell me my stuff has been registered online, :+1:
Not by me I hasten to add, I have not a clue, but by ‘Herself’, the little treasure :rose:

1 Like

When you declare your earnings on the french tax form, do you put down your net income (i.e. after deductions for social security things etc) or your gross income (before the deductions in your pay slip).

Gross Income is declared … “montant brut du Revenu” is what is required…

:relaxed:

1 Like

Registered online but ended up with both an incompleted paper return on my kitchen table and an incompleted return online which kept showing “anomalies” and which I wasn’t able to resolve…so face to face visit…I had written several pages of notes in English and translated each point into French regarding my one source of income…all done…! Phew…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Main 2042 Revenue Declaration Form is now available for download if anyone needs a copy:

Main Form 2042 (for 2017 Income)

And don’t forget the 3916 for anyone with accounts outside France:

3916 Non French Accounts

this might be useful as well… I used to complete 2047K when I did the paper declaration…for income received from abroad (UK in my case). It tells you what figures to carry onto the 2042…:relaxed:

https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/formulaire/2047/declaration-des-revenus-encaisses-letranger

1 Like

I have tried to do my tax online this year (as I have for the previous two years with success) however this year for some reason my password is not working. The password re-enactment is being sent to an email address I no longer use and there is no place I can find on impots.gouv.fr for changement de email (particular) it can be done if you are a professional. Does anyone know how I can do this please as I like to see what I am going to pay in September which the online form does tell you.

Check this link Patricia …

You still need to be able to access the email address that gout.fr currently use to contact you. Once you enter your space it’s easy to change but unless the lost password option allows you to enter a different email address it’s a bit of a Catch 22.

I think the Ameli info (on the link) might be a way into the system…

Patricia… is it impossible for you to access the email address you no longer use ??? We have a similar set-up and check (from time to time) to see if we have received mails from folk we have forgotten to advise of the new address…:grin:

but, if all our ideas fail… you can always go to the Tax Offices and get it sorted out straight away, face to face… :hugs: