Delays in processing requests for carte de sejour

I have often thought about this.
I spend a lot of time researching family trees and census are an essential tool.
We have lived and worked in France for 13 years and have been property owners here for 30 years.
We were totally immersed in the system from day one of arrival and have never taken part in a census.
Last year we received a letter advising that a census was being taken but still no visit from anyone.
I therefore assumed that as the Maire has details of who lives where that details required for the census were gathered that way.
Seems a shame if our presence has not been recorded as it provides a valuable record both for now and the future
I have spent over 2 years writing and researching my current project which would have been impossible without census records.

you could fill in the census on line last year

Maybe but having received a letter advising that we would have a visit in the coming weeks…
Surely the idea of a census is to ensure that an accurate snapshot of a point in time is accurate and correct.
No mention in the letter of filling in an online census and if that were the case how can it be made obligatory?
Makes the effort to conduct a census useless if reliant on voluntary submission on line.
Certain procedures require physical input by an appointed official.

it wasn’t obligatary, it was an option

1 Like

Thank you for your replies. although the tax assessment is in my name as the owner, obviously the original tax return is in both names but I also submitted the tax fonciere which is in both our names, plus the her ameli attestation which is in her name. Since I’ve kept every bit of paper over the last 10 years, if they raise any more objections , I’ll send them the lot, lol.
I’ve only been “censored” once - when we first arrived but not since. I’m informed that there are 2000 brits in Deux sevres, but that is just the ones they know about…

English with Strine option :smile:

Anyone else looked at this article in The Local?
https://www.thelocal.fr/20210208/just-5-of-brits-in-france-who-have-applied-for-post-brexit-residency-have-received-their-permits?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=213&tpcc=thelocal_newsletter_fr&pnespid=jfNmrKMJHwaNwXQHj48E1ruck7nNXzKyCUwk_Z8

I can’t make head or tail of the spreadsheet but then I’m not good with google forms…

Yes - Spreadsheet looks fairly straightforward.

is there anything specific that you are trying to find out?

Which bit are you struggling with? It seems pretty clear to me… The tabs at the bottom can be selected to give detailed analysis by Dept. Manche is Dept 50 so look at the 7th tab along the bottom for your department figures (Dept 46 to 60 tab).
Direct link to tab

Under 5,000 people responded to the survey, so not sure how representative the results are? This is less than 5% of the people who are said to have applied for a WA CdS…

The more important info is British Embassy saying only 90,000 have applied. If it is correct that there are nearly 200,000 British national resident in France there’ a way to go.

For my Dept (39) it says 6 people have applied and not received a rendez-vous or card. Not a huge response.

Yes I don’t think it’s very representative. We’re going for our RDV next week…

1 Like

Sadly an enormous number (particularly of elderly folk) who have no idea they need to do anything. Sadly for me this will involve calling literally thousands of mairies over the next few months to help make sure the message is getting out.

Please send gin.

4 Likes

or white wine spritzers!

1 Like

On 2nd thoughts, spritzers possibly fine for the next couple of weeks, after that only gin will do :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Will this do…plum gin from garden​:cocktail::cocktail::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you to everyone who replied to my post regarding the spreadsheet and for your kindness in dealing with my stupidity… My excuse is that I was having a VERY bad day, couldn’t see the tabs at the bottom and went to bed extremely early :roll_eyes: :rofl:
It’s slightly encouraging in a way that the people who did apply in my departement have mainly not had a response yet.

Perfect :rofl: :rofl:

@toryroo I have a book with some amazing cocktails - about half of which are made with gin. Can’t drink them at the moment, unfortunately but they really are brilliant (and I don’t even normally like gin…)

1 Like

Good news @toryroo , for your records, my partner just had a call from the Prefecture at St Lo for his RDV. (They tried to link it with mine, but mine was different so I’ll have to wait a bit :roll_eyes: ) It’s for next week so they are obviously working their way through, which is a relief…

2 Likes

I had my RDV last week and mentioned to the fonctionaire that my wife was concerned that she didn’t have an appointment. She checked her screen and sure enough, no appointment. She said she’d phone us later and did so, with an appointment at 8:20 this week. We later figured she’d come in early to shoehorn in that extra appointment. We all slag them off from time to time, but there really are some nice people working in public services!

5 Likes