Delays in processing requests for carte de sejour

Don’t worry. They will get to you…

I think @Seedmart @strudball and I are in line to get ours about the same time (5years, similar surnames, same Prefecture) but OF COURSE it’s not a race exactly :laughing:

More fun that racing snails tho’?

Close run thing, I reckon :thinking:

1 Like

So its 22 you’re talking about, nobody who’s applied have heard but I understand 29 Finisterre next door are busy sending cards out

Ooops! Sorry John - I was sure you were Manche :blush:

I was born in Manchester… does that count?

2 Likes

Hi Martyn

As Angela says, in 50 we are all under St Lo. Speaking to other friends, it does seem St Lo are doing 10 year cards first, as I suppose they are easier to deal with, more of a track record.

As long as you have got your acknowledgement and case number, I would not worry too much.

Good luck

Andy

In 75 Paris - Still waiting for my 10 years card. Send series of email to know what’s going on but no response.

26th October 2020 - applied via website
8th January 2021 - email inviting to go to Préfecture de police de Paris 75004
21st January 2021 - meeting at Préfecture

The man that interviewed me said my ten years card has been approved and will be in post in four to six weeks. Going to three months now but no card.

I think there’s a backlog at the card processing centre. My partner’s card arrived after a wait that was 3 times what they had said…

1 Like

ok. Thanks. Will put my mind at rest.

Yes lots of reports of card delays. I know when we had lock down in November they had to take off 1/2 the staff at the factory where they print thems o were majorly held up, I’m guessing the same thing is happening now.

1 Like

ok. They are short of staff. Thanks so much.

Intersting to know what will happen if through no fault of the applicants the October deadlines is missed

Morning John

I would have thought that, if you can prove you have made your application, you will be OK

Andy

There are 6 months to go yet…don’t be a Debbie Downer.

1 Like

I guess the likelihood of that possibility very much depends what happens over the next month or two. We still don’t really have a definite answer to how many brits there are in France and so what percentage of the total have still yet to apply. I imagine it may be very interesting to the French as it may be the first time ever that they will have had a pretty accurate tally compared to all the other methods which can easily count people they shouldn’t or miss people they should count. I can’t honestly see any issues for anyone who has already applied, but if a hundred thousand people who have been lost down the back of the sofa or have been at the end of their garden weeding since last Oct suddenly all apply in the last month I could very easily imagine them not having their cards by October.

1 Like

Was starting to worry about my application, which I made in 2019 (!!) … They said don’t reapply, but the Préfecture de Nîmes wouldn’t reply to any correspondence. I don’t know if it was related, but last week the Maire sent an email on my behalf and this morning I got my convocation for fingerprints, etc. FINALLY. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I had an appointment for the initial fingerprinting/photo about 3 months after I applied and then received my card 2 months later in the post. I needed the actual number of the CDS about 3 weeks before I received the card, so I emailed the dedicated address at my prefecture and they sent all the info that I needed, and more, first thing the next morning.
We do have an excellent Brexit department here and a very proactive regional deputy so I am aware that we are very lucky.

Plus the staff cutbacks in govt offices don’t help. Macron like Hollande and Sarkozy has vowed to cut jobs, 200000 posts if I recall by Macron which affects us all.