DFDS Newhaven Dieppe

An email from DFDS saying new boat layout from May with sleeping pods and new layout.

1 Like

Not exactly the biggest deal in the world I appreciate but it’s always better to post a PDF or image than link to the web version of stuff like this as it links directly to you and the unsubscribe button will have your email etc, should anyone really have that little going on in their life that they should want to mess about with your details/ email.

2 Likes

Where’s the pods or the layout? I got the same email from them and didn’t see it there either, but am curious.

Thanks for the warning, I have deleted the link.

1 Like

Could you please post an anonymised link? Despite having made well over 100 bookings with them I haven’t received the email :slightly_frowning_face:

I have been looking for one Brian, nowt on the web. I thought the link was from the website link contained on the email but I didnt know it would contain my data.

Just sent you the email link Brian, see if you can do something with it.

1 Like

Merci, mon ami…

Nothing received here either despite having sailed with them only last week and over one hundred times with DFDS and forerunners since 1990.

This is what they announced a year ago, concerning plans for sleeping pods etc. I recently spent a week in a hospital room overlooking the Dieppe repairs dock, and you could see them working on the ferry continuously. It looks like the pods will be prioritised for lorry drivers and cyclists (at least that’s what they said last year, might have changed since then).

Is this going to be a bit like a Japanese capsule hotel ? Can’t really see that sort of thing working well on a ferry, especially if it’s rough weather. The rolling in such a confined space could make many sea sick, even if not normally. I expect they’ve done there research though :thinking::crossed_fingers::nauseated_face:

I have booked my July crossings already but there wasnt anything mentioned at the time of booking (a month ago). Maybe they would be like the Formula1 hotel pods.

I was in a brand new Formula 1 in the early 2000s (I think ?) and talked to a guy who told us how they built them. Quickly and cheaply. Each room is a cast pod, fully outfitted internally in a factory, put on a lorry and craned into the essentially hollow building one floor at a time as it’s being built. First fit is done before the pod is put in place and second fit is done after the pods are installed. You can see the pod design from the inside as there are no wall/floor/ceiling seams.

Just for info, no you haven’t - I’ve mentioned before, clicking on the edit button lets everyone see the ‘before’ text - I think you have to ask @billybutcher to permanently remove?

1 Like

Thank you Larkswood12.
@billybutcher your assistance please.

The original version of the post should now be invisible, though it is still on the system it should only be visible to admins, moderators and (not sure) the author.

1 Like

Many thanks

I found this article - detailing the changes that were going to be made. Mainly the improvements with 40 capsules for the commercial drivers but available for public if not all booked by commercial users. Also improvement of the lounges with reclining seats.

2 Likes

Paywall?

Accept god knows how many cookies/trackers etc, or pay €2 per month. This sort of thing is getting increasingly common.

If only it were either/or.

2 Likes