Disappointed in French vaccine progress

The real danger are those who see the vaccine as a panacea and will continue as if they are immortal quietly infecting others without a second thought.

5 Likes

So what do you do?
I would love to get the vaccine but have a history of worryingly extreme allergic reactions to the early 'flu jabs which were mandatory at my school in the late 1970s/early1980s - that said I have had one for the last 3 years without any problems.
I wouldn’t be getting a covid vaccination until probably about April anyway in view of age etc. Maybe there will be a bit more solid info then.

I don’t think so. That’s a classic FB comment!

2 Likes

I don’t think this is something they cooked up in a few months.
Research has been ongoing in the corona virus family for many years now and the real breakthrough came in the fact that their work was reviewed as they did it, no waiting.

2 Likes

Not that some folks will believe the how it was made so quickly.

Oxford vaccine

point taken and accepted, replace with “in record time” :wink:

your comments are exactly why the roll out of the vaccine is urgent…make it compulsory unless you have a good reason to be excused it …if not we will be not much improved in France for most of 2021…and no thanks to that

1 Like

I will take the vaccine when offered but I do this knowing that the jab is months away for me at my age which gives me the time to see how the possible benefits or side effects may develop.

3 Likes

My view exactly Peter. Einstein has just reminded me (in his book The Evolution of Physics) that the ‘truths’ of science are always provisional, so I keep an open mind. I have just become eligible for a free flu jab but haven’t taken it, since I’m not sure I’ve ever had flu and tend to think ‘if it ain’t broke…’ But since on covid I have no knowledge or experience against which to test the advice of the medical profession - which I have generally found to be caring and trustworthy - I will take the covid vaccination when they get as far as me.

2 Likes

Some years back, forget how many, there was a particularly dangerous 'flu virus on the loose and I was informed by letter to go into town (Saintes) and queue up along the pavements at an innoculation centre for a jab.

In some places, this is being ‘rushed to market’ almost on a BOGOF basis but there are cautionary notes…

and

seems to be turning into somewhat of a mucking fuddle…

3 Likes

Probably a way to get round supply problems. Not enough Pfizer vaccine, and no AZ vaccine just yet.

That’s just bonkers, there’s 2 different technologies involved . You can guess which fuckwits thought that up!

1 Like

I haven’t done any research but is it known which vaccine France will be using?

Bonkers and not recommended. It’s now being called a “contingency plan”.

So far only the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine has been authorised by the EMA and that is the one being rolled out. Looks like the Moderna vaccine will be authorised very soon …
https://www.ris.world/europe-ema-will-review-moderna-vaccine-jan-6/

1 Like

Palm to face

(perhaps stay off Facebook for a while)

2 Likes

Will you please stop peddling this dangerous nonsense. @cat

4 Likes

That is just plain scary :scream_cat: