Disappointed in French vaccine progress

Thank, Andrew, for a post of reasoned sanity in this string of half-truths, rumours, rants and misinformation, all of which I’ve enjoyed reading… With my tongue firmly in my cheek. Annoying though the delay for my age group might be (I’m 71), I fully understand why. The fact is, everywhere, there is not yet enough vaccine for everyone. There are also questions about efficacy, side-effects etc but that’s hardly surprising given how new both virus and remedy are!

2 Likes

Seems to be luck of the draw. Wife had AZ on Saturday at doc 's invitation and felt quite poorly all day yesterday but better this morning, three friends had it in UK with no side effects. He couldn’t/wouldn’t give it to me as I’m 65+ but said he would contact me earlyApril for the new one…Johnson & Johnson…do I want it with that name implication !!

1 Like

Me three

2 Likes

Oh, memories of very early 50s childhood and my mother bathing my baby brother.

Never go anywhere without a supply of J &J talc…cures all sweat chaffes, that and Vaseline my luxury on my desert Island.

J&J is a vaccine of the traditional version and it works for the South African Variance!
Here only people with health problems are being vaccinated. I cannot believe it, you have to ruin your health with smoking, overweight and diabetis to get vaccinated!

I don’t smoke, am not overweight nor have diabetes my jabs on thursday , wait your turn springs to mind.

Great comment from someone who has an appointment to those who have not! A tad smug methinks.

2 Likes

I have waited my turn, haven’t shouted about it, haven’t blamed everybody else and dont feel like I 'm more entitled then everybody else.

Oh a friend of mine in Gloucestershire posted this on fb, you might find it interesting as it isn’t that dissimilar to here…

1 Like

Sounds like you’re missing out on all the fun @Flocreen :rofl:

I do tend to agree with your sentiment though, even if the delivery was… well… a little ‘blunt’ perhaps shall we say for diplomacy sake. :see_no_evil:

Er, yes

Very interesting article from German Press outlining the politics and history of why the EU roll out is so poor. Not sure it it will automatically open in English, if not not try opening using Chrome and set transition from German

(Sent from Samsung tablet)

I hope that was a tongue in cheek comment? Otherwise very insensitive. The strategy is to vaccinate those at greater risk of clogging up hospitals and dying from the disease first. Mainly because of unavoidable health and age issues (including type 1 diabetes).

Do you object to younger healthier people who have a very low risk having to wait, or would you prefer to let old people die.

3 Likes

Jane you know that is one of those questions which really do not have an answer.
The real problem is in the poor roll out of vaccines in the EU.

According to The Local, the vaccine is now only being rolled out to those between 65-74 with underlying health conditions.

1 Like

In national French news today too…

Yes I have heard co morbidites as well

It doesn’t work for older people so I guess they are expendable.

1 Like