Disappointed in French vaccine progress

Is Austria breaking ranks now? Or is their plan acceptable within the strictures of the EU?

Of course it works for older people

1 Like

And the earth is flat.

Irony doesn’t work very well on here unfortunately. I’ve been confusing twice now.

1 Like

Hardly ironic. More a confirmation of the rubbish being spouted and putting lives at risk and a return to normal life further away.

1 Like

You’re really not confusing at all @plod, I have pretty much had to stop engaging in this subject at all myself as I find that because it’s rather an emotive subject people are very quick to react, and react purely with their own thoughts and way of thinking on the subject with complete certainty rather than sitting back and considering what is written and whether it has a point or might be ironic or humorous like yours. I got both points of yours were and I’m sure others would too if they weren’t so quick to jump in and comment, but as I say this is rather an emotive subject and people seem to be getting very worked up about it (in the wider world I mean, I’m not specifically referring to SF) so are a bit ‘react first, think second’. Keep with the irony I say, a dry wit stops life being so dry!

Edit: Maybe the odd emoji would help, stop those who take everything at face value thinking everything’s serious, just a thought.

2 Likes

Use an emoticon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: tongue in cheek, or just a wink :wink:

1 Like

As I’ve said repeatedly… the experts don’t actually have a clue what’s going on :joy: It all changes day by day.

Canada followed Germany in advising against use of the Oxford/AstraZeneca covid-19 vaccine on citizens who are 65 or older, for want of more evidence about its safety and efficacy. Conversely, France changed tack and recommended it for people up to the age of 75, swayed by encouraging data from Britain Source: Economist Espresso this morning.

Never a wink, the wink is apparently more embarrassing and cringe to those under 50 than bell bottom trousers and walk in baths. I think because parents and grandparents started using them at the end of every faintly lighthearted message they lost all meaning so they are apparently verboden with the people who know their emojis. Apparently even the cry laughing emoji is now deeply uncool and never to be used under any circumstances so my young people tell me :roll_eyes::rofl:

I guess France has decided to knock out the AZs to the over 65s rather than having them gathering dust on the shelves.

The uptake of AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine in France stood at 24% as of 28 February, an health ministry official said on Tuesday, well below the country’s target of between 80 and 85%

In comparison, 82% accepted the vaccine manufactured by Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine and 37% that made by Moderna, Reuters reports.

Update: (I’m becoming psychic :joy:)…

merde ! ce sont les émojis que j’utilise le plus ! :open_mouth::wink::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: :wink:

1 Like

I still like bell bottoms, and tie dyed shirts :wink: :joy:

3 Likes

I’m sure you look amazing in them too, ready for a night doing the robot at Studio 54…

I’ll have you know that after a particularly long lunch I won the John Travolta dancing competition in Peekers nightclub in 1993. Admittedly there were no other contestants but a wins’a win.

2 Likes

I can tell from your photo that you are, and have always been, something of a style guru John, so I can quite believe you would have made Travolta look dowdy and uncoordinated, both in attire and moves.

1 Like

Time for an eye test methinks. :wink:

1 Like

That could be the new meaning of the wink emoji.

I think I remember that, weren’t you billed as John Revolting ?

Ahh, another career opportunity wasted Peter. I still treasure the faux gold plated propelling pencil I won that night. Or was it a bottle of cheap Spanish plonk? Anyway, I could have been a contender. The sky was the limit, maybe even the regional finals, if only there had been regional finals.

BTW Kirstea, the photo was taken in 1981 after a day falling down black runs at Alpe d’Huez. My usual sartorial elegance may have been a bit skew-whiff :upside_down_face:

1 Like