Distance to bins

I feel for you that what I’m seeing here to that the distance is to great for some people the problem for me ther is no place next to the main road here to put them so they have to build some kind hard shoulder to have the bins if people want them closer to the their property

The rules appear to be dependent on the commune’s own waste removal policies, or at least, the agreement they have struck with the waste removal services company. Where I live, although the bin truck could get up the lane to our house, they will not come, as the rule says "Only if the entry to the property is more than 300m away from the principal artery. We are located precisely (according to the mairie, which measured it following a request from the previous owner) 298m from the road in the hamlet. As a result, we have to drag the wheelie bins down a cinder track and leave them near the side of the road on some communal land.

1 Like

Sometimes the distance is considerable if there’s no safe place for them to be collected from : a local dustaman was killed in an accident yesterday just outside our village when a car ran into the back of the dustbin lorry while he was emptying the bins :cry: Not too much hassle, as you point out, to take them with you and dump them into the nearest bin :wink:

That’s terrible :cry:. Here because the road is bendy and narrow and on the side of the hill thay have occasionally fallen off it but luckily not rolled the benne…I leave my bins at the bottom of my bit of the hill where there’s good visibility and it is wider and flattish.

1 Like

You guys have your own bins that you can move we don’t have that here the always stay in the same place and now it seems that bin men are on holiday because overflowing with trash it’s like a nature show every night I drive by big rats foxes Some animals I don’t now the name of

That’s tough Martin. Can you take some night photos and show the Mairie? Sounds like it’s a real health hazard.

The mairie normally gives out a calendar of when the bins are emptied, perhaps you could go and get a copy when you go and tell them about the state of the containers.

They clearly see it the mayor drives buy it every day

Which commune do you live in ? (so we can avoid it :grin:).

not at all, big wheeley bins dotted around everywhere, nothing perso here in the Tarn :wink:

Never mind it being a nightmare for you Martin, I would be more worried about the bins getting anaphylactic shock and dying with their apertures blocked off. :scream:

1 Like

Christ Pete, so would I.
The poor things may already be suffering from hantavirus, leptospirosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCMV), Tularemia and Salmonella.
:joy:

2 Likes

@Wozza too true, and they are resistant to injections. Even the thickest needles just bend :face_with_thermometer::dizzy_face:

Les pauvres choux on ne peut prier que pour eux. :pray:t2:

1 Like

On my knees already, Wozza. :cry:

1 Like

Seeing that you have need to brush up your Latin, you can start with this…
Pater noster, qui es in caelis,
sanctificetur nomen tuum.
Adveniat regnum tuum.
Fiat voluntas tua,
sicut in caelo, et in terra.
Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie,
et dimitte nobis debita nostra,
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris.
Et ne nos inducas in tentationem,
sed libera nos a malo.
Amen.
Don’t spend to much time on your knees ´La Duchesse may get to like it, then you’re in real trouble. :innocent:

1 Like

Interesting that two of the best-known words for that sort of mischief are Latin, but not the sort that’s taught at Winchester or Harrow or spoken in the Vatican (as far I know) :man_student::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not surprising that leads to a bit of mischief.
Open to interpretation.

You’re right there… :thinking::roll_eyes:

Confiteor Deo omnipotenti… quia peccavi nimis cogitatione, verbo et opere: mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

1 Like

Exactly’ The original sinner! God bless Her!

1 Like