Distance to bins

Its one hour from you actually drove true your commune last weekend

her It Is the same except they are not many sometimes I do wonder if it’s the size of the house hold that makes if they get one outside their house Because all the farmers have them none of the holiday homes have any ore the elderly ore the single people families have them so maybe

All I remember from my 2 years of Latin was that the cook adn the maid were meeting in the garden (and presumably doing naughty things!) I think it was a Cambridge text we were taught :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Sounds like ‘ecce romani’ - Cornelius goes off to the senate, Flavia saltat in horto, Sextus ignavus est et caetera

1 Like

I did that , actually enjoyed it. Then moved to a very traditional grammar school where most of the teaching methodology dated from Roman times and within a couple of years had been chucked out of Latin for misbehaving. Quite rightly from the teacher’s perspective on the behaviour front but it was because the approach was soooo dull.

Kennedy’s Latin Primer and A New Approach To latin, I bet. I had Ecce romani at prep school and all was wonderful and then the other two :cry: I got the O level when I was 12 on the strength of what I had learnt at prep school plus a bit of Virgil though so not all bad.

2 Likes

Well I go to the dechetterie once a week with yellow bag, green cuts and dog poo and whatever else I want to get rid off.
The trash can brought good money at the flea-market!

I never had the chance to learn Latin, because my maths were not good enough and brought down my overall grades.
No one was even thinking of people with difficulties with maths, dyslexia was not heard of either.
I now know that I have problems with series of things, which affects all sorts of problems with algebra, geometry etc.

??? Why take dog poo to dechetterie? Can’t you dig a hole in your garden and bury it? We have brown paper poo bags for when we are out an about, rather than plastic, so they will decompose too.

get the bleeding dog to do it :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/nouvelle-aquitaine/dordogne/perigord/dordogne-ca-grogne-autour-poubelles-1865008.amp Seems it’s already a big problem