Does Elon Musk set a good example...?

Worth upwards of 250 billion dollars, owns no property, has no taxable income, and now wants an internet platform where anyone can say anything, including specifically himself. That is what I understand.

Will he add anything worthwhile to society and to us mere mortals?

I ask as an innocent bystander.

Deal already done I believe, Twitter will now become a private company with Musk setting the agenda/rules.

Not a user so won’t affect me but I imagine millions will either be delighted or dismayed.

That’s what worries me…!

Face, bothered? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Whoops…! Wonder how many heads will roll…

Do you reckon they have to insure those things? I did not realise he has 9 kids by several different women so hope he is paying for their upkeep.

Why are they all cheering and whooping and gesticulating? It’s a fail.
I remember watching the challenger disaster on a TV in a shop window in Istanbul, I was on the pavement with a bunch of people, total silence and the odd gasp of horror. Admittedly different because people were involved but still what a difference.

1 Like

Well, to the untrained eye it looked like it exploded but in Muskspeak…

“As if the flight test was not exciting enough, Starship experienced a rapid unscheduled disassembly before stage separation,” SpaceX said in a statement on Twitter, referring to the explosion.

1 Like

Tosspots

1 Like

I think Musk must be furious, but expressing fury would admit failure, and people like Musk don’t fail.
The cost of that explosion must be huge and shareholders won’t be very happy.

Also “Everything after clearing the tower was just icing on the cake …”, according to the commentator.

I feel the same way on getting up in the morning.

3 Likes

None hopefully - if you build rockets this sort of thing happens.

3 Likes

He sends satellites into space all the time. Thos was a huge rocket and they are another step nearer, inevitable to have failures it is rocket science

Seems that rockets, such as this one, don’t explode anymore. They experience an RUD - a Rapid Unplanned Dissassembly.

2 Likes

Well he has prove electric vehicles do work and has changed to the direction of car companies that have been around for hundreds + years.

Rather that than land heavily somewhere they shouldn?'t

Maybe it should be called a planned rapid unplanned disassembly, as I see now that they are deliberately exploded to avoid damage down below if they go off course.

2 Likes

I’d agree, but pity his cars are at the top end of the market, but then he wouldn’t be as rich as he now is I suppose.

He has just cut the price again and likely with the sodium battery to become more affordable still. His charging infrastructure is also leading the poor offerings by others.

He could have started at the wider end of the car market in the vein of the Model T Ford which might be argued to have been of more benefit to more people, but we are where we are.

It has enabled him however to change direction in the engineering world. I hear him being compared to Brunel and suchlike.

Maybe he should stick to engineering and stay away from media platforms.