Does the British government's ignoring of Russian involvement in assassinations to keep Russian Money in London amount to appeasement?

Further updates from Craig Murray… https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/

1 Like

Good that Craig Murray’s crystal clear and reasonable critiques of the UK position on the Skrypal incident is gaining momentum, sad but predictably obscene that he is coming under attack as an anti-Semite and as mentally deranged (“spent time in a mental institution”).

Good that Jeremy Corbyn is holding the line. The man has balls and principles.

Having got that off my chest “I think I might now have a vodka. Of a type developed by Russia. Made in Warrington” - to quote Craig Murray, bless his stout heart.

BTW, I do hope SF will forgive us if MI5 close the forum down and mark us both down for a “Gibraltar Guinness”. :sunglasses::rage::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yes, Chris, and does it seem strange (to say the very least) that absolutely no evidence has been found to suggest the identity of the individual or individuals who actually administered or delivered the poison to the two victims?

Is it conceivable, in this world of dirty tricks, that a perpetrator has been identified, but that his/her existence doesn’t fit the narrative that “it was Putin what did it”?

And isn’t it a little odd that so little news has been generated around Who (actually) Dunnit, as distinct from who ordered it Dunn? :thinking::scream:

1 Like

And it’s also strange that there have been no photos of them in hospital…paparazzi are usually all over these sorts of events like a rash welcome or not…,often there are independent witnesses uploading video footage to YouTube…we’ve had the stock photos of the “green aphids” and the crime scene tapes and the seemingly total disregard of “elf and safety” measures…It’s all very odd…???

These people have been poisoned by a nerve gas.
I cannot believe that you are wanting pictures.
I find your comments appalling.

1 Like

I’m not saying that I particularly want pictures I’m just saying that I find it odd that there are no pictures…When princess di was in the accident that killed her the papparatzi were on the scene…

Whilst I’m not particularly interested in seeing people in hospital beds, Helen does make a point. When Litvinyenko was poisoned with Polonium by the Russians, pictures were released of him in hospital just before he died.
They are probably in isolation, in sealed rooms to prevent contamination , as well as being closely guarded so maybe the press haven’t gained access yet.

1 Like

I’m totally confused by the logic in this case. I grew up reading spy stories and one of the things that all the spies had in common was that they weren’t stupid. The were intelligent and resourceful. If an ex Russian spy was attacked using a weapon that could easily be traced back to Russia the perpetrator would be anything but Russian. He would have set out to ensure that the evidence pointed at Russia despite them not having been involved. If a Russian agent wanted to kill the ex Russian spy he would have used something less obvious like a gun, a knife, poison, a traffic accident, drowning, falling off a building, falling off a cliff, a house fire…
I guess real life is simpler. If an ex Russian spy is killed by a nerve agent that can be traced back to Russia it must have been the Russians that did it.

2 Likes

Yep and you have to ask why his car was allowed to sit there for so long in a public place…there are many different theories…none of which are making much sense at the minute…

Jane, yours seems to be a carelessly knee-jerk reaction to a perfectly reasonable observation by Helen6.

While our Foreign Secretary seems to be intent on whipping up enthusiasm for a state of war on Russia, and invoking Hitler’s record in aid of that, it is proper that questions should continue to be asked about this incident, and some of the glaring ambiguities and inconsistencies pointed out.

When the investigative powers of the police, the Secret Service, GCHQ, the national and local media, and the local population have failed to identify a possible perpetrator who might have made the necessary close contact with the Skrypals in the relatively short time needed before their collapse, so as to poison them, it is remarkable indeed, in my view, that no-one has pointed to this very peculiar anomaly. Have any “usual suspects” been taken in for questioning? Where are the accounts from local people abut what they’ve seen, or what they’ve reported? Such accounts are usually given an extensive airing: “I sat at the next table to Julia Skrypal and her Dad as they enjoyed their last meal together” sort of thing. But in this case, there seems to be a total media blackout. Or am I imagining things?

It’s also puzzling to me that this question hasn’t arisen in your mind too. Leaving aside the political ramifications of the situation, it brings out the sleuth in me. Doesn’t it do that for you? Doesn’t it interest the media? If not, why not?

1 Like

David, if you typed this comment on a laptop the development of which can be traced back to Japan, it doesn’t make you Japanese. So I’m not surprised that logic confuses you. :crazy_face:

I think you have missed something Peter. Read it again.

Isn’t a nerve agent poison?

I’m sorry Peter you have completely misunderstood my post. If you’re that concerned I will edit it and add an adjective to the word poison but it will not change the post in any significant way.

OK David I’ll read it again to get the gist. Your argument is probably simpler than I’ve made it complex, and taking into account your interest in matters espionage I’m possibly making a naïve error. I could never get into spy novels with all their twists, turns and double crosses. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Bring back George Gently… … I reckon George would think the whole thing was a frame-up…

As @Aquitaine David suggests, isn’t it all a bit too pat ??? …the “spy-killer” would have to be incredibly inept… leaving a trail that led back to his “employer”. Whoops…

We’ll probably never know the whole truth… :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

John Pilger calling it “carefully crafted” and this is a former bbc reporter… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltZbEi0Ptdo

I still find it appalling that people think it is strange that no pictures have been released.
These people are not in any state to agree to their 'photos being taken and the hospital authorities are protecting their privacy, as one would expect them to do…

The hospital when asked said that there were only the 3 admissions…the policeman now discharged…the spy and the spy’s daughter…no one else…no admissions of all the others (38.,???) allegedly admitted to hospital…this was direct from the hospital…