Dover congestion

In essence, yes. Brexit is the extra spanner in the works that takes everything to the next level of sh*tness.

I don’t believe there’s a separate queue, but I don’t use Dover.

Yes. Well, I guess we weren’t overtly aware of her politics previously but I doubt GB “news” is thinking of getting Jeremy Corbyn on for a guest slot.

1 Like

There isn’t any separate queues just the usual free for all.

1 Like

Thank goodness I’ve no plans for repatriation then. :rofl:

3 Likes

Calder’s article in the Independent goes over the same ground, again in detail.

2 Likes

She’ll be 80 next year (I looked it up!)

1 Like

Oh, miaou John! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know, I am a bit ashamed :roll_eyes: But only a bit.

Well it made headlines on the 8pm news earlier. Blame strongly on brexit and the amount of paperwork involved now that did not exist for travellers before and also the storm that wreaked havoc at the weekend. BIL given up using french ports, not only the stowaway problems at having to park at least 100kms from the port before catching a ferry to UK but the Hook of Holland seems better and they can also use other ports to get to places like Immingham for deliveries to the north.

1 Like

One of the points Simon Calder made was that the French have a hard border - at UK request - where passports are checked thoroughly, but the UK has a soft one, like it used to be for British entering France, with a very cursory check (that the passport was still valid and related to the person presenting it).

2 Likes

That’s not exactly the fault of the French now is it?

Somehow Brexiteers seem not to understand that other countries and territories are allowed to control their own borders in whatever manner they wish - despite it being a central tenet in Brexit.

It still seems to be the Brexiteer mindset is that special exceptions should be made “because we’re British”.

4 Likes

6 Likes

And even worse when your fingerprints are taken on entry to France … from 2024, I think.

1 Like

So will they be catching criminals then who think they have got away with not being caught so far? Freedom is getting smaller all the time.

If it takes as long as the fingerprint machine in our Préfecture when we went for our Cartes de Séjour, it will be a very long queue…

1 Like

I caused much head scratching and debating when they went to take my finger prints and after doing my right hand, they went to do the left and found out I only have a thumb they could take a fingerprint from :wink::laughing:
The lady had a sense of humour by-pass when she asked where the rest of my fingers were and I innocently answered, on holiday :grin:

6 Likes

How wonderful to see Simon Calder giving the gammons the news they hate to hear. I was surprised the producers didn’t pull the report.

2 Likes

Entering France at Caen/Ouistreham has become a huge PIA because of the lack of a separate queue. All the UK reg cars seem to take ages whereas those of us with a CDS barely stop.

Grrr… I hate brexit & everyone who promoted it via untruths, deception, & downright lies. I shall hunt you down, burn down your houses, & then sing comic songs in the ruins dressed only in an EU flag.

13 Likes

Your holding back now Badger, how do you really feel, don’t hold back so much :yum::laughing::laughing:

5 Likes

But you still have to crawl forward in the UK reg queue then?
That includes French nationals too then does it, or not?

1 Like

Part of the problem at Dover was down to increased traffic which seems odd given that the UK is suffering from a cost of living crisis, you’d have thought people would have cut down on travel if they really can’t afford to heat their homes.

1 Like