Dover congestion

Just had some bright spark on Twitter claim that the French are only doing border checks and stamping passports “out of spite”.

FFS

20230404_201811
Its normal where you live Jane :wink:

1 Like

No delays experienced with our overnight crossing Portsmouth - Caen.

2 Likes

15 Likes

Dover to stagger coaches to avoid Easter delays

1 Like

Tell me about it :rofl: :rofl:

Superb, who’s the artist ? Martyn something ?

Martyn Turner.

2 Likes

So the 4 closed french passport booths would make a difference if they were personed? Not an expert just what my eyes saw when I was there.

1 Like

But which day, no delays at Dover either but wait until the weekends and its a different story

“Absolute carnage” says one coach operator. I presume lots of people threw themselves in the sea :roll_eyes:

Yes, they usually use that particular word to describe very nasty road accidents with multiple injuries and fatalities. Hardly the same and too strong a word to use for basically a traffic jam!

1 Like

Hate tabloid speak :roll_eyes:

We crossed Monday. Wonderful to be here.

And politician speak. Whatever happened to ‘extremely’? I presume that’s what they mean each of multiple times they say ‘incredibly’. Do they really not know that that means we should not believe them? :rofl:

Perhaps for once they were being truthful after all. :thinking: :joy:

1 Like

It’s just an ordinary colloquialism, like describing something as a tram-smash or complete disaster when it’s just a bit of a hiccup.

hyperbole rules ok😃

2 Likes

Waiting for one of the journos to say it was “unprecedented” :roll_eyes:

And here in sw24, the anti frost éoliennes were all in action this week.

Hopefully we will continue to land lucky, this year the trees are all really heavy with blossom, the best show in perhaps 4-5 years, the forecast for the next 10 days here in 72 is 7-9C at night and 18-21C during the day.