Driving license exchange

… so, other than that, you’re quite relaxed about Facebook, Tory? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol :rofl::sweat_smile::rofl:

1 Like

@toryroo …couldn’t agree more, whilst I really laud people like Kate Cranstoun who take it upon themselves to do this kind of thing not everybody by any calculation wishes to use Facebook .
So they … …we… miss out.
Meanwhile my stress levels rise about licence swap…there is only six months before thousands of UK licences become invalid,eg
all those who have settled in France since late 2018

1 Like

Actually before that, John, as we applied under the ‘Old’ system and,like for Tory, ANTS sat on it for a year before rejecting it, telling us to wait until the new online system came in…

1 Like

Totally :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Just looked on Kim”s FB page for you to avoid you having to sign up to bloody FB. It says:

APPLICATIONS MISSING ON ANTS

This is a popular topic right now.

ANTS

ANTS frequently has hissy fits and the application disappears, if in doubt try the next day.

If your application was going to be rejected you will be notified by text/email first, it doesn’t just disappear.

2 Likes

As I’ve posted elsewhere my app’ made on 21/12/20 has had the date changed, which shows against the reference number and status of “under Investigation” , to 26/05/20.

…and the big unknown is if a deal gets ratified in July what chance of the say 5,000+? licences (v rough guess) being processed by 31.12, given that Ants will provably not start on them until after vacances in September
A most worrying and depressing picture now unfolding even for those people whose uk licences haven’t or won’t expire before year end.

Many thanks Jane. :angel:
I am on facebook so joined the group yesterday and did find the relevant part about the missing applications.
I will try to ignore the situation and just enjoy living here.

…and walking everywhere or at 35kph in an uprated trike!

1 Like

Or hiring a taxi? I wonder whether over a year it would be cheaper to get rid of the car and just order a taxi when needed?

1 Like

very much doubt that in France… (except if taken to drinking copious amounts of alcohol of course) :wink:
Sometimes the ambulance firm send a taxi (their own) for hospital trips and the meter runs to a considerable amount before it gets on the main road from our lieu-dit location!
I still like the idea of of the Citroën Ami tbh.

1 Like

:wink::yum::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Private taxis are rather less than hospital ones. But still exorbitant!

Rural car sharing schemes perhaps? Or rather volunteer drivers…

Either that or elderly people ‘faire du stop”?

1 Like

Cultural revolution!

The walking would be a good thing, then I could enjoy some more of the food and wine :laughing:

1 Like

Really expensive.

Breaking news from Brit Embassy…driving licence deal done and it seems better than we could have really hoped for.

1 Like

Exciting. Do you have a source?

You left early John- I saw your name there!

The details will be published next week when they are confirmed Tom