Driving license exchange

This is all that gov have published so far

1 Like

Nope
I’m still logged on the site now

@AngelaR 
do you know if they are having a normal one next month?

Hi all

Just got this at the meeting

Further to the update by the British Embassy tonight (24.06.21), I can finally confirm the terms of the agreement.
This is to be released officially by the MinistĂšre de l’IntĂ©rieur soon, likely to be next week sometime, and have advised they want to ensure that CERT, CREPIC, ANTS and the Gendarmes/Police are fully mandated before the ANTS system goes live.
There will be a unified media release by the MinistĂšre de l’IntĂ©rieur and the British Embassy Paris to publicise the new criteria and the opening of the ANTS system for UK licence exchanges.
The terms of the agreement are as follows:

Licences & Photocards (4a date) issued BEFORE 31.12.2020
(Licences issued whilst the UK was in the EU)

Licences and Photocards (4a) issued before 31.12.20 will continue to be recognised as legal and will be eligible for exchange 6 months before the expiry date of :
Photocard 4b
Photocard column 11
Original paper UK licence at 70

A WARP (Withdrawal Agreement Residence Permit Article 50 Tue) will be required for UK citizens, or a CdS if you are required to hold one for application. If you hold EU citizenship, no changes to existing exchange procedure.

Expired - Licences and Photocards (4a date) issued BEFORE 31.12.20
(Licences issued whilst the UK was in the EU)

All Licences and Photocards (4a) issued before 31.12.20 but have now expired, whether before 31.12.20 or since whilst waiting for the new system to go live, will be eligible for exchange.

This won’t be a quick process but once your application moves to the request to submit your licence you will receive an Attestation de Depot de Permis de Conduire (temporary licence) whist your French licence is being finalised.

Licences and Photocards (4a date) issued from 01.01.2021
Licences and Photocards (4a) issued from 01.01.2021 will have 12 months from the date of issue of your Residence Permit to start the exchange.

I am yet to be briefed on whether translations will be required for UK licence exchanges, but a Certificate of Entitlement will (I can almost guarantee) be asked for, document E4 in Files will explain how to apply for one.

I must reiterate that when the system goes live no licence exchange application (licences or photocards issued before 31/12/20) will be processed if the licence or photocard has more than 6 months validity remaining on the licence, this has been made clear to us by the MinistĂšre de l’IntĂ©rieur.

Pick the bones out of that

Andy

So two questions
i posed them on the Brit Embassy chat but no response as yet
Will the attestation provided for holders of expired uk licence holders allow Brits to drive whilst on a jolie to Brexit land?
I applied for an exchange last year and my details with a reference number show on ANTS 
do i need to resubmit to get this attestation as my uk licence runs out in two months

I imagine that the details about whether we need to reapply or whether the old application is still valid will be answered when the full details are published early next week. Sorry John but I am in exactly the same situation as you :smiley:

@strudball you can cancel the order for the Citroën Ami now John :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Not too quickly
 who knows how long this is going to take - it is ANTS we are talking about :rofl:

the attestation will serve - as it always has done whilst waiting for the actual carte.

Rumour has it that France has finally capitulated and will shortly annouce that driving lecince exchanges will restart.

Given that the announcement frpm the Cote d’Amor prefecture about the extension of the deadline for applying for a WA CdS I would believe the rumour about the driving licence situation to be true.

But who knows. the French attempts to guarantee us our rights have been fraught with mixed messages and administrative shambles.

This is a misrepresentation, Grahame. Above you will read what the British Ambassador actually announced both about driving licenses and also residency permits where the deadline has actually NOT been extended.

2 Likes

Capitulated!!!

Reminds me of ‘the Major’ in Fawlty Towers.

5 Likes

and me of Capt Mainwaring in Dad’s Army - “Stupid Boy”

5 Likes

The total absence of agreement on this subject was down to the British government at the time of the “agreement” that was rushed through in December. “Capitulated” is complete nonsense.

5 Likes

why does everything have to be a them and us scenario?

@andyw 
did you see the couple of earlier questions I posed, given your authorative post thought you might have some thoughts.

The “them and us” thing is a singularly British perspective, I’m afraid

1 Like

@graham 
i don’t think they would have taken my uk wheels in p/ex!

I have to wonder the same thing @strudball

on the contrary I think the French do a good job and well organised
I don’t automatically think every glass is half full or all administrators are out to be difficult. The ones we have dealt with, Marie, tax, Health, planning have all been efficient and helpful.
Pity you can’t be more appreciative, after all we are foreigners in their country

1 Like