Driving license exchange

Sent in DVLA form D737 and confirmation I don’t want to drive a bus or heavy construction lorry (!) last Thursday and got the temporary driving authority today, valid until 02/12/21.
So now patient wait for plasic so I can drive in UK.
So how long will plastic take I wonder?

Can’t complain at speed ANTS is working to help people whose licence has or is about to expire.

1 Like

You don’t want to be too eager John…
you’ll only end up changing nappies whilst daughter gets some sleep and welcome rest
:wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Words of wisdom from experience?

Yup :grin:

Just reporting in, having emailed @strudball ! New licence arrived 10 days after the email saying it had been approved and would take up to 15.

The application was with an ancient birth certificate instead of a new one and with a check code instead of the D-whatever-it-was from DVLA. Just as well, really since the DVLA form never arrived. One more hurdle over :smiley:

4 Likes

To all licence worriers and @AngelaR …Yipeeeeee, driving licence arrived just now, having got a text from ANTS yesterday that it had been posted, and i signed for it on arrival.
Have to say once the driving licence exchange was done the execution has been efficient, timely and exemplary.
So last hurdle of us moving here two years ago next week (!) is the wda CdeS, and we have heard nothing from Prefecture (22) since mid June when they asked us to be patient!

6 Likes

it’ll come… just as we all said the DL issue would :wink:

The prefecture lost mine, and after getting a replacement, I did not do it again as an “unnecessary evil”. I should have persevered.

If you’ve got your license… surely there’s no problem ??

Hi Stella, no you misunderstand. They lost my UK permit (I submitted to exchange it for a French one over five years ago), and after much to-ing and fro-ing I gave up with them. I got a replacement UK one. However, I should not have given up with the prefecture! My situation is an odd one as I work for an international organisation and our CDS “has diplomatic status”, so when I applied to change, the ministry rejected me outright (and will not deal with me until I leave the organisation), as a different ministry has responsibility for us.

I have been here for 16 years and was happily resident, living in my current home for 12 years, until the earth moved. Now I feel the possibility of future statelessness! I even had professional help that hit the same barriers.

(Attachment PastedGraphic-1.tiff is missing)

1 Like

Ah… “diplomatic status”… one of the untouchables perhaps… ??? :wink:

I had some clients working for international organisations and it was a stipulation that they could not swap thier special CDS for a WARP one, they also felt terribly upset about it, as was I, thought it a terribly unfair loophole.

Which documents are required to achieve a French driving licence.
Have you got the list please,

Have you not exchanged Barbara? I thought you’d been here forever!

Anyway to make the application you only need the standard sort of documents - justification de domicile, ID, etc etc. And a recent photo. There is a range that depends on the specifics of your application and you get told when you start.

Later on you will need a certificate of entitlement of a code from the DVLA.

@barbara_deane1 You used to need to send off for a certificate but ANTS recently decided that the code you can download from the DVLA website was adequate, so that’s what I did in August. It was a really straightforward process!

2 Likes

You can obtain the D737 online here >> View or share your driving licence information - GOV.UK

It is in the form of a PDF document that you can save and then attach to your application.

Anyone who is not computer literate… or who has difficulties/worries… you are not alone.

Yes, I know many folk find such things easy-peasy… but there’s no shame in admitting it’s NOT.

Help is available…

It changes all the time, ,but previously ANTS would not accept these and would only accept either a check code (if your licence is still in date) or a Certificate of entitlement (if it has expired).

The check code people refer to is the D737 document

There was something that OH printed out v easily that wasn’t accepted….