Duh? Help me to catch up

I have been sent my employer’s attestation by mail, I shall have it on my telephone and I’ll also print it and keep it in the car in a plastic sleeve so I don’t lose it.

Will you update it each day by crossing out and inserting a new date and time, perhaps on the reverse, as someone has told me that they do?

No need, professional attestation can be for up to a month, printed ours off and all in plastic sleeves too :smiley:

3 Likes

As Andrew says it lasts for up to a month, it would be such a waste of paper after all if I used a new one every day.

1 Like

Oh I see, I didn’t know that, but you are right as regards the paper waste, I only managed to cut it down before by using both sides. I think that this time I will put one line through the date each day and replace it along with my signature.

You can store it on your phone…change date, time, reason etc as needed to hen download and keep it in your phone file manager. The old ones can be deleted so only latest is current.

1 Like

That’s what I don’t quite get. We went for a 1km rayon walk this morning, which because of the topography ended up being longer and slower than we had anticipated. So half way through I updated my attestation on my phone and deleted old one… there doesn’t seem to be anything to stop one doing that…

there isn’t but they know what you’ve done, if you use the smartphone app to generate an attestation you leave a trace…! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

The phone app route for me just opens the link provided by the app in a web browser on the ministry of interior’s web page. You still then have to fill the form out and download the PDF to your phone, which fails to work if you use a “do not track” enabled web browser like DuckDuckGo…worked fine with Chrome though (of course).

1 Like

I am far from a technical wizard so for good measure am I correct in assuming that when the programme then generates the attestation and saves it to file manager, that is sufficient?
Are the authorities going to go to the lengths of tracing phone activity?

The police /gendarmes will ask to see it, so you’d better be able to find it on the file system of your phone and have a pdf reader app to be able to show it to them.

Mine’s quite simple so I can do that. It is easier than filling in forms all the time.

But how do you sign it?

Isn’t it accepted as you if it is on your phone? It has a Qr code or whatever?

Yes I can manage that Alex…I’m probably not as green as I had indicated. The key is to erase the older downloads so that the current, relevant one is the one accessible on the phone file manager system for efficient production if controlled.
As Elizabeth mentioned I have just assumed that the phone app example does not need to be physically signed.

1 Like

Indeed it does. The QR code is generated from the data provided (and I imagine, some tracker that indicates browser type, time of connection to server, etc), which is supposed to be readable by the scanner app that the gendarme/police carry around with them.

2 Likes

But is it? Reading all the posts on here I seriously doubt that. My preprinted form just has to be up-dated with date time and sig each day, it even provides a paper trail for any inquisitive gendarme. :wink: :laughing:

My form updates its own date, and the time is easy to set. Normally I am hopeless with anything like this, so I was surprised how simple it seems.

I prefer the flic to think I’m a bit of a dinosaur and don’t have any of the traceable stuff, so use a printed one

1 Like

Makes sense.
I think round here they are not aggressive, they are just pushed into this role of having to monitor the situation.